Pulse audio conflict

When I run sudo Syu I get the following. That's after I tried to update through the GUI and got the same thing:
looking for conflicting packages...
error: unresolvable package conflicts detected
error: failed to prepare transaction (conflicting dependencies)
:: pipewire-support and pulseaudio-support are in conflict
Don't know how to show the actual window so I copy pasted
Thanks people

3 Likes

sudo pacman -Rns garuda-pipewire pipewire-pulse pipewire-alsa pipewire-jack sudo pacman -Syu
[sudo] password for fatalexception:
error: only one operation may be used at a time
That’s what I get from that

click on the link

3 Likes

error: target not found: pipewire-j
sigh

Well

Just do this

sudo pacman -Rns garuda-pipewire
sudo pacman -Syu

From next time please read

2 Likes

Wiki too, please

for terminal output.

2 Likes

Sorry all. I have been tinkering with Linux literally for years, and this is hands down my favorite distro of all time.
However, I'm olderish (52) and work a lot, meaning I don't have a lot of time left over to learn all the little ins and outs. Most of what I do is watch YouTube videos that walk you though a lot of stuff, and google terminal commands I can copy paste.
Thanks for all of your help. And I apologize both for the mistakes made here as well as what I am sure will be lots more to come.

1 Like

The members here are getting younger and younger tz,tz :wink:

There is probably no OS in the world that does everything by itself, read something every day it will not harm you in the long run.
YT is bad for Arch Linux OS.
Copy and paste from some google site could be very dangerous for your data.
You must know what are you doing.

BTW, for people who are not ready to solve or learn something independently will not get help here in our forum.
We are not as strict as the Arch forum but stricter than many others.

3 Likes

I don't copy paste arbitrarily. I usually search out a forum similar to this. I could easily based on this thread where you'd get the idea that I would.

1 Like