PS3 controller drivers are weird

The drivers for PS3 controllers are really weird in Garuda, the R2 and L2 buttons wont go gradually but are either on or off, any way to check what drivers im using, and if possible replace them?

See
https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Gamepad

1 Like

Im sorry, but all of that is incredibly confusing to me, since ive never dealt with stuff like this in linux, and i dont see anything mentioning similar problems that i have, on a ps3 controller.

Have you encountered similar issues? if yes could you point me in the right direction?

Also i forgot to mention, this problem occurs inside games that run in proton, i haven't tried it outside of proton yet.

Have you read this part,

especially this line?

None of this is necessary on a modern Linux kernel and after installing bluez-plugins.

Have you already installed bluez-plugins?

I don’t own ps3 controller. So…

Also, it is also told how to fix mapping in continuation to this part.

1 Like

Yes i have read that, and yes i have installed bluez-plugins, so far it doesn't seem to fix anything, ive read the link like a week ago when i first encountered this issue

Thats a part for the first post.

Remember the template, please.

Again.

Hello.

Post your terminal/konsole in- and output as text (no pictures) from:

inxi -Faz

Without it, you will not receive any help from the Garuda team or your topic is likely to be closed without notice.

Before you open a new help request, read relevant sections of the Arch and Garuda wiki.
Thoroughly search your issue and any error messages in the forum and on the web.

Report everything you have already attempted to solve your problem.

1 Like

Yeah, im am sorry that i didnt mention the fact that i read the link a week ago, i forgot that the article even existed, thats all on me. Anyways im working on adding custom info on my controller and feeding it to steam

1 Like

I mean no offense, but put yourself in the shoes of those helping.
Five people try to help you and you explain to each of them that you have already tried it or read about it, but it was not a solution. It's just wasted time from the helpers.

It is also 95% helpful to post the inxi -Faz, which unfortunately only 30% of those seeking help believe.

I think one too many inxi is better than 100 too few.
It can help OOTB.
The inquiries annoy in the long run even those who only read along here and look for their solutions themselves out.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.