Problem after updating

So, is was on a holiday, and i wanted to update my laptop, but the wifi there was really bad so i updated it by terminal just the: sudo update command. And i let it run over night. The next day i had to push a few times on 1, i’m not sure why but the terminal said something like: standard:1. When i pressed 1 the update continued. Then i left. I dont know what happend when i left but when i came back the screen was gray, and after rebooting and logging in the screen stayed black i could only see my cursor. After a while it kinda worked and i ended up at the photo that i added. Terminal doesnt do anything so i dont know what to do. I just saw that i cant upload photos, so i will discribe what i saw. The home screen was kinda normal, just standard garuda wallpaper, al my folders and apps on the destop, but my taskbar showed only “?” On every app. And every map or program i wanted to start didnt start. Do can i do?

Use last working snapshot and post garuda-inxi, please.

How do do last snapshot, and what is garuda ixi

Snapshot, use the menu from grub or

garuda-inxi, just read the template before you remove it.
In terminal

garuda-inxi

or use garuda-assistant - system infos

Make sure you have done the following before you post:

• After rebooting, post the FULL output of garuda-inxi in the body of the post (not linked externally, or collapsed with the “hide details” feature)
  • Format terminal output (including your garuda-inxi) as a code block by clicking the preformatted text button (</>) , or put three tildes (~) above and below the text
2 Likes

My whole terminal ain’t working i cant do anythinh

2 Likes

Ow waith, before i booted you get a menu with snapshots and were you can choose to boot. I went a update back and now its working. Thanks for helping me out! Without your help i would not understand it

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.