Plasma 6 Garuda release

I’m curious about the devs plans for the rollout of the first Garuda ISO with Plasma 6. I’m in no rush to get it once it’s released, but I am curious as to if you guys have a plan in place for it yet. I’m apt to wait til the 2nd or 3rd point release before switching cause that with Plasma seems to be the sweet spot on a new release. Thanks

1 Like

To add another question to this; would we need a fresh install with Plasma 6 or could this be pushed as an update?

Seems like the kind of thing we’d have to reinstall over.

Updating a desktop environment should not require a fresh install.

4 Likes

I think a lot is going to depend on how the final release of 6 looks compared to the latest release. I myself would probably do a fresh install either way.

1 Like

Same.

OK looks like x11 will continue to be supported and updated for the near future at least. Desktop Session’s on login, launch apps that were open: On Last Login at this point won’t be possibly fixed til 6.1 is released even though they made a promise that it would be addressed before the 6.0 release.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.