Plasma 6.0.0 Officially here

Today marks the official release of Plasma 6.0.0 and I like others would like to know how Garuda plans to roll it out. Make no mistake I’m in no hurry to upgrade, but would like to know if Garuda is going to do an new ISO’s or simply an update for now? As I have expressed in my previous thread I’d personally prefer a fresh ISO base on the 6.0.1 or 6.0.2 point realease, cause I see less issues in the long run. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

4 Likes

New release coming soon.

13 Likes

“When it is ready.”

It’s not been released in Arch…yet.

6 Likes

And remember that this is under discussions and testing since several months, with many people contributing:

12 Likes

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn’t 5.27 take a couple of weeks to reach stable? I am sure there are many factors, last minute bugs, etc, but don’t be surprised if it drops in early to mid March.

1 Like

stable for kde upstream or stable arch packages?

Stable kde arch packages

Now that we have already waited this long, I think 6.1 would be worth the wait…

3 Likes

6.0.1 or 6.0.2 will be good enough.

6.2 will be awesome, already waiting :slight_smile:

5 Likes

my notebook with kde neon is on Plasma 6 now and my short testing was very uneventful.

in that I did not notice basically anything different!

after resetting my theme to normal from a kvantum based one

1 Like

Plasma 6 is in Arch [testing] repositories at this moment. If I were to guess, I would guess a March 1 release to the Arch masses. :wink:

6 Likes

They have almost missed the opportunity of a leap year day release :wink:

7 Likes

Makes sense to put it in test first even on release day as there will be few bugs round. :slight_smile:

Lots of KDE 6 partys going on around the globe.
https://community.kde.org/Promo/Events/Parties/KDE_6th_Megarelease

For UK, I had to smile at this… KDE 6 UK Release Party – David Edmundson's Web Log

“Look for the guy in the blue KDE T-shirt.” :rofl:

Even though i expect most of the people who do come are in a blue KDE shirt :wink:

3 Likes

Parties!?! The US on KDE…

unnamed

2 Likes
2 Likes

I would bet dollars-to-donuts that Plasma 6 drops in Arch stable tomorrow or possibly Saturday. But I’m betting on either.

• Last update to [testing] has remained changed for the day, and
  • Arch’s March ISO timing

Per @Locutus deleted :poop: emoji I am wrong. Arch just released the March ISO @ 7:45 AM local time without the benefit of Plasma 6.

Moderators: I do not appreciate @Locutus marking my posts with his emojis. I consider it harassment and am reporting them as such.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.