Pipewire update warning

Hi;
All uncheck pipwire update and pulse update unless you want to have no audio till the depends are in repos.
Just cause there's an update do be careful now.

1 Like

Thank you
:slight_smile:

1 Like

On other arch based distros, I have a working pipewire environment, so the req are in the Arch pipeline. I don't see any difference (for me) between pulse and pipewire...it works fine.

Hi;
When I tried to update them it was going to rip out pulse audio due to unmet depends. let me refresh and see as I got 20 updates now.

could not satisfy dependencies:

• removing pulseaudio-jack breaks dependency 'pulseaudio-jack' required by garuda-pulse,
  • if possible, remove garuda-pulse and retry
  • removing pulseaudio-zeroconf breaks dependency 'pulseaudio-zeroconf' required by garuda-pulse,
  • removing pulseaudio-lirc breaks dependency 'pulseaudio-lirc' required by garuda-pulse,
  • removing pulseaudio-rtp breaks dependency 'pulseaudio-rtp' required by garuda-pulse,

love it, thank you OP. I did that as well and had a hell of a time getting my audio back.

that part fixed it for me as first part failed .
all well.
Also I installed discord flatpak to get the darn update :slight_smile:

I've been using the discord_arch_electron version of discord from chaotic-aur, and it seems to have much less issues than the official Arch repo's discord. Maybe give that a go. I got the new version error on one of my machines that had the standard discord installed, and on the machine that had electron discord, no error.

Hi;
Flatpak worked np but thanks.