Password at Login Screen

When i am installing garuda i configured garuda for log without password . but now i want password at lock screen

1 Like

Hi Eshan,
I apologize that I'm unable to scan your PC to know which desktop environment you are using. Please let us know that so we can help you.

2 Likes

when i install garuda it asked do you want to log in without password i checked that box but nw i want lock at my login screen

There are many Garuda editions - KDE Dr460nized, GNOME, Wayfire, Sway, BSPWM, Qlite, LXQT-KWin, etc. Different DEs have different settings. Unless you mention which DE you're using, I can't help you.

2 Likes

i am using dr46onized

As always post

inxi -Faz

and welcome in forum. :slight_smile:

1 Like

there is not option of password garuda just boots to desktop

Go to Login Screen (SDDM) > Behavior.

1 Like

there no option of password

The "Automatic log in" option must be enabled, you can disable it.

there is not any option like this . there is pls upload screen shot when i try to upload screen shot it says new users cannot upload image

BTW, you have less RAM plus iGPU, do you realy like the Performance?

1 Like

it just only ask which account do you want to log in not password

@Thr-Eshan What do you exactly want? You want to enter password to log in, right? Then you should disable the Automatically log in option.

4 Likes

Write sddm in the search open first result then go behavior you'll find it

Installing with no password is always a bad option. You'll most likely continue to have problems unless you, as Administrator, give your user a passwd.
https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Users_and_groups#User_management

4 Likes

Good tip. Fortunately, Calemares doesn't allow installing without setting user password. All you can have is "Log in automatically" or similar, which is managed by display managers like SDDM / LightDM / GDM / etc.

4 Likes

Thanks--I misread. :smiley:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.