Pamac Update Fail

Noob question, went to update Xfce /Bspwm edition and got a fail Gpg key for starship-git
is there anyway to get an updated key? How do I get around this to keep getting my updates?

Search the error message in the forum's search engine.

1 Like

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] y
(125/125) checking keys in keyring [-------------------------] 100%
(125/125) checking package integrity [-------------------------] 100%
error: starship-git: signature from "Nico Jensch [email protected]" is unknown trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/starship-git-0.51.0.1488.g8af677c8-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
Do you want to delete it? [Y/n] Y
error: failed to commit transaction (invalid or corrupted package)
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

Please check

4 Likes

As I already stated search the error messages:

https://forum.garudalinux.org/search?expanded=true&q=pkg.tar.zst%20is%20corrupted

https://forum.garudalinux.org/search?expanded=true&q=invalid%20or%20corrupted%20package%20(PGP%20signature)

3 Likes

Thank you...process of elimination and updating keys got me to where I needed

2 Likes

My apologies to @filo for removing his very helpful answer, but sometimes it is more important to teach a new user how to solve their own problems by working towards the solution (rather than simply spoon feeding a new user all answers).

Searching error messages is the most basic of skills that every user needs to know.

I will restore your post @filo and credit you with the solution (now that our new friend has learned the important lesson of how to perform their own error searches).

Thank you @filo.

Welcome to Garuda @jessegi77 .

6 Likes

No problem at all @tbg :slight_smile:
No need to get credits, I'm not an expert at all, but love so much this distro that I feel a strong need to try and help with the few things I've learned.
And one of the greatest takeaway of this Garuda adventure was the power of the Arch Forum / Wiki (I have to mention them first ... :slight_smile: ) and the Garuda Fourm and Wiki!
Keep it up!

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.