Pacman: The module/version combo is not located in the DKMS tree

Hello there!
Issues:

1. I ran garuda-update, which failed because I ran out of disk space. I cleared up some space and re-ran the command, it now gives this error:

--> A problem with the NVIDIA drivers has been detected
    ---> Building NVIDIA DKMS module for kernel 6.5.5-arch1-1
    Error! The module/version combo: nvidia-535.113.01 is not located in the DKMS tree.

1. inxi output fails?
    /usr/bin/garuda-inxi: line 71: /usr/bin/inxi: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error
    Garuda (2.6.16-1):
    System install date:     2022-01-29
    Last full system update: 2023-09-29 ↻
    Is partially upgraded:   No
    Relevant software:       snapper NetworkManager mkinitcpio nvidia-dkms
    Windows dual boot:       No/Undetected
    Failed units:

1. I’m getting errors like ldconfig: /usr/lib32/libgdk-3.so.0 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start

2. Full update log: (beginning is cut off, I ran out of scrollback, sorry)
    Garuda's PrivateBin

3. I ran update yet again (was this a dumb thing to do?) and it shows a different error. Log: Garuda's PrivateBin

Urgent help would greatly be appreciated, thanks.

I ran out of disk space at a critical time.

can you try

sudo paccache -rk0

then,

garuda-update remote fullfix

It seems you have possibly missing binaries/corrupt packages in your system :thinking:. So reinstalling all packages in your system should probably help. Give it a go.

1 Like

Thanks, but before running it to avoid the same error,
would you say 6.8Gib is enough space for the update?
(also hello fellow भारतवासी)

How do these things happen? :face_with_spiral_eyes:
I last updated a few days back, without issue.
I’m sick of these update errors. They seem to crop up every few months.

I truly cannot predict that since that would depend on your update size but you should probably be fine for now. Besides you are already stuck and might have a unbootable system next reboot (nvidia drivers not compiling and missing binaries are certainly not very encouraging warnings) so I would say backup your data from this point on before you do anything.

Hello to you to. :wave:

Most likely it happened mid update when pacman was unpacking packages and replacing binaries with their newer version or maybe compiling modules when disk space ran out, can’t really predict what caused it since logs are not complete.

2 Likes

Thanks for the quick response, will get back in an hour.

That swoosh indicates you need to reboot in order for everything to be finalized. Have you? Did it impact your problem?

1 Like

I’m getting this error:

error: candy-icons-git: signature from "TNE <[email protected]>" is invalid
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/candy-icons-git-r1065.7e41430-1-any.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
Do you want to delete it? [Y/n]

Doesn’t fullfix update the package signing keys or whatever

Ask yourself: Do I feel lucky?
~ Dirty Harry

This might be the case where a thorough forum :mag: would yield good results. Search on the error message. :slight_smile:

And?

From this link Issues with “signature is marginal trust”, "signature is unknown trust", or “invalid or corrupted package”
I ran sudo pacman -Sy archlinux-keyring chaotic-keyring and sudo pacman-key --refresh-keys, then reran garuda-update remote fullfix
The error persists.
Since it’s just an icon pack, is there a way to skip it?
Please help, coz rerunning the full update takes half an hour…

I usually reboot after every update. I haven’t finished the current update yet, so haven’t rebooted since 2023-.09-29

Hmm checked it, this is not your fault happens with me too,

warning: candy-icons-git-r1065.7e41430-1 is up to date -- reinstalling
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...

Package (1)                  Old Version      New Version      Net Change

chaotic-aur/candy-icons-git  r1065.7e41430-1  r1065.7e41430-1    0.00 MiB

Total Installed Size:  3.73 MiB
Net Upgrade Size:      0.00 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n]
(1/1) checking keys in keyring                                     [------------------------------------] 100%
(1/1) checking package integrity                                   [------------------------------------] 100%
error: candy-icons-git: signature from "TNE <[email protected]>" is invalid
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/candy-icons-git-r1065.7e41430-1-any.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
Do you want to delete it? [Y/n] n
error: failed to commit transaction (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature))
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

just add it to ignore packages for now,

garuda-update remote fullfix -- --ignore candy-icons-git
1 Like

Will do, thanks a lot.

Just wait a little and try again :slight_smile:

I reran the update a couple of times, every time it gives the error error: failed retrieving file operation too slow
It gives it on a different package each time.
I reran with garuda-update remote fullfix -- --ignore candy-icons-git --disable-download-timeout but it did not seem to do anything.

You could try restoring the latest working snapshot, before the initial error occurred.
Make sure enough disk space is available and update.

3 Likes
LANG=C sudo pacman -S candy-icons-git
warning: candy-icons-git-r1065.7e41430-1 is up to date -- reinstalling
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...

Package (1)                  Old Version      New Version      Net Change

chaotic-aur/candy-icons-git  r1065.7e41430-1  r1065.7e41430-1    0,00 MiB

Total Installed Size:  3,73 MiB
Net Upgrade Size:      0,00 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] 

Seems I have the last version

This won’t fail right, coz rsync (and who knows how many other commands) are broken

I don’t think this is the case. Snapshots work even when a system is unbootable, I don’t see why not in this case. Rsync is not used.

1 Like

Makes sense, will do, thanks.

1 Like