I am running

sudo pacman -Syu

and getting the following:

:: Synchronizing package databases...
core is up to date
extra is up to date
community is up to date
multilib is up to date
error: failed retrieving file 'chaotic-aur.db' from us-tx.mirror.chaotic.cx : Could not resolve host:
us-tx.mirror.chaotic.cx
error: failed retrieving file 'chaotic-aur.db' from us-wa.mirror.chaotic.cx : Could not resolve host:
us-wa.mirror.chaotic.cx
error: failed retrieving file 'chaotic-aur.db' from nl.mirror.chaotic.cx : Could not resolve host: nl.
mirror.chaotic.cx
error: failed retrieving file 'chaotic-aur.db' from es.mirror.chaotic.cx : Could not resolve host: es.
mirror.chaotic.cx
error: failed retrieving file 'chaotic-aur.db' from de-1.mirror.chaotic.cx : Could not resolve host: d
e-1.mirror.chaotic.cx
error: failed retrieving file 'chaotic-aur.db' from de-2.mirror.chaotic.cx : Could not resolve host: d
e-2.mirror.chaotic.cx
error: failed retrieving file 'chaotic-aur.db' from kr.mirror.chaotic.cx : Could not resolve host: kr.
mirror.chaotic.cx
error: failed to update chaotic-aur (invalid url for server)
error: failed to synchronize all databases

I tried updating my mirrors with the following command but that did not help:

sudo reflector --country Denmark --latest 5 --age 2 --fastest 5 --protocol https --sort rate --save /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist

Any ideas as to what the issue is?

There is a new chaotic - mirrorlist

https://aur.chaotic.cx/mirrorlist.txt

in /etc/pacman.d/

6 Likes

Awesome, thanks! For the future, is there some command that will update the mirrorlist for me automatically?

1 Like

Here it works automatically with

sudo pacman -Syu

IDK why not on your part?

But nice that we solved it :smiley:

1 Like

Weird, yeah that definitely wasn't working for me. I had to do it manually.

Oh well, glad it is fixed anyway :slight_smile: thanks!

3 Likes

No. You have to merge yourself, since the new ones (in chaotic.mirrorlist.pacnew)are not much different from the existing mirrors and auto-replace is not a best approach.
You can use pacdiff to merge such files.

If you are not yet familiar with the terminal commands, you can use the offer in the welcome window. There is also an option in the Garuda Assistant to refresh the mirror list.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.