Optimus-manager-qt package corrupt

Hello Garuda users.

optimus-manager-qt-1.6.9-1-x86_64     205.8 KiB  64.3 KiB/s 00:03 [------------------------------------] 100%
error: failed retrieving file 'optimus-manager-qt-1.6.9-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst' from geo-mirror.chaotic.cx : Operation too slow. Less than 1 bytes/sec transferred the last 10 seconds
(1/1) checking keys in keyring                                     [------------------------------------] 100%
(1/1) checking package integrity                                   [------------------------------------] 100%
error: optimus-manager-qt: signature from "Nico Jensch (Chaotic-AUR) <[email protected]>" is invalid
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/optimus-manager-qt-1.6.9-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
Do you want to delete it? [Y/n] 

Please fix this

Just try again or later.

3 Likes

Garuda assistant should have a function named “update keyring”, run that and try updating again.

3 Likes

I installed optimus-manager-qt-git and it works

Still the problem exists I have tried both refresh keyrings and refresh mirror list, Any other Ideas ? I am facing this issue for over a week now. Any help would be appreciated.

Create your own topic, please with command input and output of error and your garuda-inxi.

2 Likes

Still facing this issue after 8 days

Delete whatever package pacman tells that it is corrupt with its signature file.

Sorry for the late answer! The package might in fact have been correct - our main builder faced some issues lately which already have been resolved a few days ago. Though, a few packages might still be affected by the situation - I just rebuilt the package in order to fix this.

That being said, it might be worth to have a look at our wiki article explaining some important things concerning NVIDIA graphics:

most importantly:

Quite often, software such as “optimus-manager” or “optimus-switch” is used instead of PRIME. Although they feature “hybrid mode”, they also feature modes that exclusively switch to the dedicated or iGPU. Using these modes is an usually not recommended, because

• If your NVIDIA driver ever fails to load, your system will be unable to enter a graphical session
  • In NVIDIA mode, the dedicated GPU is always used and therefore always turned on even if no software that could properly take advantage of it is running. The iGPU is much better suited for running low power common desktop applications.
  • Switching modes requires logging out and logging back in or otherwise restarting X11. Meanwhile PRIME can be used without restarting X11.
5 Likes
which prime-run
which: no prime-run in (/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/lib/jvm/default/bin:/usr/bin/site_perl:/usr/bin/vendor_perl:/usr/bin/core_perl)

What provides prime-run , I think whatever provides prime-run is removed in my futile attempt to get optimus-manager working
Edit ;- nvidia-prime provides it

and now after reading Garuda wiki , I dont think my laptop requires Optimus-manager cause Prime-render-offload is enabled by default in Garuda-linux ??

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.