Off-Topic - YouTube Dislike Restoration

Very Kool! I love that song, original by Procol Harem, sp.

gary

2 Likes

When you use kde too much…

4 Likes

Like it or not dalto is correct the dislike button is way over abused and has been the case for a long time.

Also a good way to enable it in some other less popular browsers with greasemonkey support (like qutebrowser and maybe falkon and otter browser if I'm not mistaken) is through this script:

Also a good option would be to just use Invidious and make all your subscribitions through RSS, or use Freetube app.
https://freetubeapp.io/

1 Like

So, requiring a minimum percentage to be viewed before like/dislike counts wouldn’t be better?

This is just throwing the baby out with the bathwater. YT’s gonna get even more flooded with malicious content and inaccurate content’s not going to be subdued or have the warning for viewers that they should probably check the comments and/or alternatively fact-check what’s in the video.

Also, I take it your answer is “Yes” to banning cars/planes/knives/nails/freedom and water because a few abuse them.

3 Likes

So is like button.

Also, youtube have a lot of misleading information / content. I myself have seen many videos that are 10 minutes + in length, but completely mismatch with the title and thumbnail. There were a few thousand likes on it. If there were comparable number of dislikes on it, it would have prevented me from watching it and prevent me from having bad taste in my mouth

Also, there are some videos in which the claims are false and defy the laws of nature. Some people make it as a clickbait.

Sometimes, you may believe that content might be offensive for certain group of people.

There are countless similar incidents, where you should dislike the videos.

Also, I don’t see any valid reason to remove dislike button…

4 Likes

Like or dislike, it's all interaction and that boosts the algorithm. It really does not matter if some people use the dislike button, that act of pressing the button helps the video's algorithm. If the like to dislike ration gets close, then it may affect the video's standing, but it really does not matter. If people think they are hurting anyone's feelings by pressing the dislike button, they are usually wrong. If someone is hurt by a few dislikes, they have deeper character issues that need attention rather than Youtube worries.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.