Off Topic Chit Chat - (Silliness factor 5)

No, a nappy is something I do mid-afternoon. In bed. And it’s legal! :smiley:

Happy, joyous, birthday, you rotten scoundrel, you!

Hey, everybody, it’s @mandog’s annual natal observance!

5 Likes

I’m 71. Two outta three ain’t bad.

2 Likes

WOW, good to know, all the best, health and whatever else you wish for you mandog.

3 Likes

Bloody Yanks to except British is British not yanky slang we were here 1st not you

2 Likes

say 'aluminum' for me so i can laugh at you >=-)

alu-MINI-um lmfao x-D

1 Like

Schedule = shed-du-ul

1 Like

images (1)

Once you see it, you can't unsee it :stuck_out_tongue:

Also diaper is a 16th century word, so it predates the United States, middle english or so says the dictionary.

2 Likes

My kid watches this potty training song:

The UK version of the song says "nappy" instead of "diaper". The first time I heard it, I was so confused I had to stop what I was doing and look it up! :joy:

2 Likes

I will be honest, this is my first time learning there is a song for this too. :joy:

3 Likes

Yes, songs...and books, too!

Summary

My son saw me taking a picture of his book and decided he'd better model it himself. :joy:

5 Likes

I will be honest these books look like epitome of laziness. :joy: Do they even work?

that’s cute. :blush:

2 Likes

I’m not sure what you mean, the book is just a silly book about how everyone poops! :poop: He’s just learning how to read, so I guess it works for that.

The potty training song, I don’t know if it helps or not but I guess it’s good to keep exposing kids to the idea of sitting on the toilet to poop until it seems a little more normal. At first, it must seem very bizarre! “You want me to sit on that uncomfortable cold chair and do what?!” :astonished:

1 Like

Ah sorry, I was just commenting on the contents of the book where it looks like the person who made the book doesn’t seem to have given any thought on what should be in there and just pasted a bunch of random ideas that popped first in his head for the word “poop” and mixed it with large pics which would be “epitome of laziness”. I was just trying to be humorous about it but I guess the joke doesn’t work when you have to explain it. :sweat_smile:

I thought the book was meant for potty training, like a moral science book but I guess I was wrong if it’s just meant for learning how to read.

That’s quite true. Just wait until they move on from the plastic toy one to the real one and find out about the “posedion’s kiss”. :laughing:

2 Likes

Only relevant before the 15 Century long before the US was born also the US has no official language apart from cussing

2 Likes

idk i'd say if any nation's official language is cussing i'd say Ireland or Scotland deserve that honor.

Nothing is as entertaining as a scottish person getting so upset that the swear words are the only thing you can actually understand as they go into a full blown Donald duck meltdown.

2 Likes

How can you say that about the Scottish they speak true Scottish not a word of British we nicked all the swear words from them but could not pronouse them

2 Likes

*pronounce, 'Mr. English' >=-)

1 Like

Voted Best Descriptive Phrase O’ The Day

4 Likes

pronounced ;Dyslexic so that some stupid twat will point out its spelt wrong

1 Like

Let's not argue here on a thread marking Garuda's 3rd Anniversary.

And let us avoid making any offensive remarks to our fellow forum members.
I believe no one has any such intentions here.

5 Likes