Off Topic Chit Chat - (Silliness factor 5)

That’s unreal, and people have the nerve to call Garuda bloated.

I was expecting 60-80 Gigs, not something insane like that.

1 Like

There were other partitions that were taking 50 GB other than the main partition of windows and that was pre installed so i don’t know why they were

yeah the main partition took around that 60 GB

Prolly restore partitions.

I tell you they were of no use to restore anything

1 Like

Well no, who'd want to restore Windows? :rofl:

2 Likes

after some month of use it got some updates that destroyed my laptop and that partition was of no use

1 Like

I have written my whole experience of wondows 10 in the forum :

And when I enter my computer lab I fell nervous because everywhere is windows !!!

(Edit : in that post i said i knew how to recover it but that was a myth created by M$)

One word. Comet.

Of course, that is from outside of this world.

sniffle

35.3 on Win 11 freshly installed this morning, with about a 2.5 gig swap, after updating. All my data is on another drive, and my non-Microsoft applications are about the same size as my swap, maybe 2.5 gigs.

I am going to wipe that and start a Garuda install in a few minutes. I’ll let you know after installing, updating, and stocking it with applications. Should be much less.

2 Likes

Actually, no. Ingenuity drone on Mars runs Linux and other open source software:

Piloted by Earthlings, right? They die, it dies. Unless, maybe it is solar powered? I didn't see what the fuel source was when I skimmed your posted article. Who knows, it might in time repopulate the Earth.

I gotta install and stock a dr4gnized desktop. We can continue this later.
:rocket:

No no no.

The real danger is:

Earth starts drifting from the sun... Either far away or getting close to it.

If this happens, I am afraid that Garuda Linux might become abandon ware! Especially if really too close or too far away from the sun.

( Bonus points from where this comes from )

Clean Win10 Pro install is 25GB. That's why I wanted to avoid installing it twice, in VM and in dual-boot. That's why I spent a full week to setup VM with GPU passthrough.

I see no benefit to Win11 whatsoever.

Did you use a guide of a write up on the web from somewhere? I am very interested in this.

Hmmm. Origae-6 or Planet 4.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Linux & Tech news :newspaper:

Polkit was updated yesterday.

x86_64 	Extra 	polkit 	0.120-4 	Application development toolkit for controlling system-wide privileges 	2022-01-25
5 Likes

:slight_smile:

This is why I love this distro and its community so much!
Keep your system fully updated at anytime!

3 Likes

I wrote a guide about GPU pass-through after through a lot of undocumented problems