Off Topic Chit Chat - (Silliness factor 5)

today i installed Garuda BSPWM.. and i was shocked.... the iso was old... it was about 1.2GB of updates... i believe we have too much WMs and DEs and focusing on one is not possible everytime....

keeping you updated if something goes wrong or feel like buggy

last time i used Garuda BSPWM it was very laggy and the choppy tilling effectsā€¦ i hope we will see some changes

Anyone here use Androidx86 in a VM instead of anbox?

1 Like

many aaps like nitrogen virtmanager etc crashed 2 3 times and then finally went into a bootloop after system updates were installed in Garuda BSPWM

Please, make a separate topic about your issues with bspwm. This place is supposed to be silly, not serious. STOP.

4 Likes

I agree with you just make a topic it is NOT THAT HARD.
Sorry for the tiny rant.

Lol, I mainly read the forum daily for amusement factor.
The trolls and clueless/helpless are actually quite amusing. I suppose it's mean to be amused by the clueless, but umm, they should get a clue, I guess ;0
Remember TBG that I said (last year) that I feel sorry for what you're going to go through as Garuda got more popular? haaahaa

(example...exaggerated?)
I mean, I can't use Garuda because the telegram app won't allow me to set the download folder, and it must be Garuda's fault, because it works on XYZ. It's a deal breaker..

OMG, and several solutions were shoved at him, plus it would be easy if you knew anything about Linux to setup a cron job to move files elsewhere, completely working around any app deficiencies (which were probably not even a deficiency turns out, but pure user error)
How could someone make up comedy like this? Of course, you probably have to be a geek to understand the comedy :slight_smile:

4 Likes

just had to run 3 commands in powershell. I'm about to faint :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

Yes, you did warn, and sadly Iā€™ve been through this all before as a distro climbs higher and higher in the rankings.

And yes, it is funny in a perverse and twisted kind of way, because thereā€™s probably at least 4 or 5 ways to workaround the issue you mentioned.

Unfortunately, the comedy factor isnā€™t enough to offset the spike in blood pressure when reading threads like that. If I suddenly stop posting one day itā€™s not likely that Covid got me, but rather a user finally caused me to burst a major blood vessel in my brain.

:exploding_head: :crazy_face:

5 Likes

Ya gotta get offā€™n the sauce an onto the weed, man. I mean, ifā€™n yer about ta go postal, ya know. <wink, wink, wink>

4 Likes

I read this Yesterday on twitter :slight_smile:

1 Like

It was on the national news in the UK yesterday, Just shows money does not buy happiness

3 Likes

I'm not sure anything can.... I suspect it is more a decision than a buyable condition...

1 Like

If 130 Billion USD doesn't buy happiness, I'll settle for half, like Melinda will.

5 Likes

Well having lot of money doesn't bring happiness
And having less money also doesn't bring happiness

You need only as much you need to live a life without worry

Keep the number in controllable amount

If it exceeds a certain number you are bound to bring karma

6 Likes

Guess I worry too much. :wink:

4 Likes

I totally agree. In many cases money can help you to live a less stressed life, but itā€™s not everything at all. Money are important but not so much to be at the first place IMO :slight_smile:

Anyway Iā€™m sad for uncle Billie but he is young, he still has a long life to live!

His ex wife now can switch to Garuda Linux! Iā€™ll write her :smiley:

2 Likes

Sir this is a Linux forum.

2 Likes

Irony - Wikipedia :smiley:

4 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Update fails, probably too little RAM:

Thatā€™s why I wanted to change the titleā€¦

1 Like