Occasional Freezing

As said, it depends on several things.
First check your swap status

swapon --show

Then check if zswap is disabled (as it should when using zram) and disable it if it is enabled.

Then you may test different combinations of swappiness and vfs_cache_pressure, as every HW/SW/usage combination has a different solution combination.

The more you read about these, the more you may know (if you are not @Bro old :rofl: )

3 Likes

We are back at it again just have e vs code and Google meet without video open and lagging as hell.

You should look for related journal messages every time you have issues. It is the usual and expected (from us) troubleshooting. We can’t help without some facts.

4 Likes

There are numerous fixes listed on all the threads on this topic. I don’t see where you’ve listed what you’ve tested in your research.

This stuff has been covered in very great depth quite a few times before. No one is going to list all the options available for you to test. This has all been done before. It’s up to you to do your due diligence.

3 Likes

The things I have done till now are
Complete btrfs balance
Increasing swappiness
I have tried using performance aimed kernels like tmg-bmq and zen all yield the same results
Don't have thermald or autocpufreq
Gonna try to see what is cpu governor and all tomorrow thinking to reset my pc