Nvidia card is no longer detected Garuda linux

Background for potential helpers as to why the Nvidia GPU is deactivated:

You should have said that back then, then it would have been easier to fix the problem.

I expressed myself incorrectly, I wanted to know when your oldest snapshot was from (in the hope that switching the GPU still works in this one).

If you don’t have a live.iso to hand, you can also check this in your Windows device manager.

Then the question is whether you actually need the Nvidia MX130. The MX series doesn’t really have more power than the Intel iGPU. Nvidia only invented this nonsense to be able to sell more GPUs, as long as it says NVIDIA on the data sheet. This is just marketing and money-making. You have the Intel iGPU activated by default under Linux and have probably never used the MX130. If you don’t need the MX130, just uninstall the Nvidia drivers and/or switch to the open source driver nouveau. With the weak card you won’t notice any difference between the two drivers anyway.

If you need the Nvidia card, then load the oldest snapshot you have and try to switch to hybrid mode:

Boot the oldest snapshot from the grub menu, after logging in confirm the restore dialog with yes and reboot.

Then log in to an x11 session and try to switch to hybrid again with envycontrol:

sudo envycontrol -s hybrid

Reboot. If that doesn’t work, then try deleting the cache:

sudo envycontrol --cache-delete

and then perform a reset:

sudo envycontrol --reset

The reset will undo all changes made by envycontrol.

Then remove envycontrol:

sudo pacman -R envycontrol

Reboot.

If any error messages occur at any time, anywhere, then post them.

2 Likes