Notification service not available KDE

As it shows in my screenshot i don't have push notification (popup) on desktop KDE , when clicking to notification icon it remain with a red line (like there are in no disturb mode) and inside says:

Notification service not available
Notifications are currently provided by 'KDE Plasma' as have search everywhere but no luck. I have created a new user and the push works fine.

How can i fix that maybe something i have installed is responsible for doing this but i'm not ready to install every app & game again from scratch to a new user + most of them are in lutris / wine so to much work for it. Any way to reset the notification service to fix that?

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=417817

Seems you must post to KDE dev's.

3 Likes

Check the daemon status in System Settings => Start Stop (similar) => Background services.
You can enable, disable, start, stop any of them.
Look for Notifications service.

5 Likes

I checked nothing was found even with “notif” as search neither one by one that i check ,that have anything to do with notifications…

It's there. Status Notifier Manager. Try start and stop with a terminal running journalctl -f to get any helpful info message.

Also check Settings => Personalization => Notifications for relevant troubled setting.
Config file is

$HOME/.config/plasmanotifyrc
1 Like

Μαρ 19 16:48:44 ultimate874 systemsettings5[507232]: qml: DELEGATE AbstractListItem_QMLTYPE_212(0x
55b0620ba030)
Μαρ 19 16:48:44 ultimate874 kded5[5676]: Registering ":1.13/StatusNotifierItem" to system tray
Μαρ 19 16:48:44 ultimate874 kded5[5676]: Registering "org.kde.StatusNotifierHost-5837" as system t
ray
Μαρ 19 16:48:44 ultimate874 kded5[5676]: Registering ":1.32/StatusNotifierItem" to system tray
Μαρ 19 16:48:44 ultimate874 kded5[5676]: Registering ":1.85/StatusNotifierItem" to system tray
Μαρ 19 16:48:44 ultimate874 kded5[5676]: Registering ":1.41/org/ayatana/NotificationItem/Mailsprin
g1" to system tray
Μαρ 19 16:48:44 ultimate874 kded5[5676]: Registering ":1.34/org/ayatana/NotificationItem/ulauncher
" to system tray

I use the "Event Calendar" widget and as i get from the KDE bug report site its known for causing some issues now i will try remove it and stop-start the service... i try that and reboot but nothing still not working any suggestion about the config you have write me? here is mine is it as it should be?

[Applications][@other]
ShowInHistory=false

[Applications][firefox]
Seen=true

[Applications][mailspring]
Seen=true

[Applications][org.manjaro.pamac.manager]
Seen=true

Because, as you said, a new user had no issue, it means it is not a system problem. Some setting/config or cache must be the problem.
Clear your ~/.cache contents and retry.
Even then, either move to the new user and copy your data to that, or compare configuration files from both.
Only you can and should do that.
I hope luck :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Thank you for your time i will stick as it is now not much inconvenience without them :slight_smile:

Solved:

For anyone interested or have the same issue the problem wasn't with the KDE but with the latte docks notification widget , if you add on desktop a notification widget then it working without a problem .

also this happened in the Endeavouros i use in another pc and their i discovered the solution.

Just needed to update this post , thanks anyone that has read and respond to my issue :slight_smile:

2 Likes