Node js `GLIBCXX_3.4.29' not found

Hello, I want to install node js in order to use react and i did it successfully, however it gives me a message and i don't know how to solve it, tried searching but no results message is:
"node: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.29' not found (required by node)", if someone knows please reply.

I don't think I can help you much, but I think you should at least specify which package exactly you installed and from where in order to have someone to help you.
Or maybe you even built it from source (I think glibcxx are the GNU C libraries)?
E.g. I see there is a nodejs package available (and a lot of other stuff):

community/nodejs 16.3.0-1
Evented I/O for V8 javascript
1 Like

I installed sudo pacman -u nodejs npm

If you mean -U then that would install a package file from disk, not from the repos.

Exactly what did you do? Were you following any instructions?

Otherwise, if you don’t want to say, just run sudo pacman -Syu

3 Likes

I don't really know i just searched for help in google and from the node js page says this is the command line you need to put in order to install it i'll run the command u wrote and tell you what i'll get.

So I’d transform it into a:

sudo pacman -S nodejs npm

and you should be done

3 Likes

ok ill try thank you

That should be -S, and also let’s try one thing at a time. :wink:

2 Likes

Right, sorry, I typed too quickly
:cry:

Yeah i think its done now the error doesn't appear thanks!

Let me finish with the link which is unfortunately not in the PC I'm using at the moment :slight_smile:
My beloved:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Pacman/Rosetta

1 Like

oh yeah it's useful , thanks

I knew that, when I read the -u thing, but I fell into that trap too with the -s -> -S :wink:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.