New user issue with JellyFin Media server

We are here to solve problems.
Not to be them ourselves
1 Like

Like it or not this seems to be a Garuda issue. I just had the exact same issue the other day with Jellyfin, whereas I did not have this issue in EOS. I'm sure it's a Garuda Issue cause I got similar with Emby which Jellyfin is forked from. The only thing that allowed me to use Emby was uninstalling it from both OS's and reinstalling it in Garuda only, otrher wise after the initial install of Emby in Garuda it was broken in both OS's even though I had just used Emby just fine in EOS prior to installing it in Garuda.

Maybe the default firewall settings are too strict? Try launching it from the terminal and see what errors it displays.

Pardon, I gave the user the answer right off the hop.

Perhaps you didnā€™t catch that part above and back aways where I gave them the actual answer they needed. Sorta seems a little ridiculous that Iā€™m getting criticized for actually giving the user the answer, but the user was incapable of entering the command I gave them in terminal:

pacman -Rns <package_name>
2 Likes

You donā€™t actually read the thread before criticizing people do you?

That was the first suggestion I gave this use,r and the user responded that they werenā€™t using a firewall.

2 Likes

oops my bad. sorry

1 Like

Do you also not know how to use the -Rns option with Pacman.

It removes the configuration files that are installed with the program.

1 Like

Just hold up there a minute. You will not be starting in on me. I got my issue fixed as I stated. I was only pointing out that this seems to be a Garuda issue. Now lets move on.

The issue is you guys have no idea how to use pacman. Not that Garuda does shoddy work.

3 Likes

The issue is you are going on a rant for no legitimate reason. As I clearly stated I resolved my issue. As for not being able to use pacman correctly in my case you are making an assumption. Making assumptions helps no one.

Well if the software in the Chaotic repo is as broken as you all claim, I guess we'll have to yank it, and you can build it yourself from the AUR. Problem solved.

1 Like

Again it seems to be a Garuda specific issue. Fixable, but still a Garuda issue.

Jellyfin is an opensource spin-off of emby. Its practically the same app just opensource. The devs tend to be pretty helpful

attention-please-sgs

Not a bad idea, in my opinion.

2 Likes

Chaotic-AUR is an ā€œAutomated building repo for AUR packages .ā€

Most of the application packages are those common to our (and other Arch-based) users. There are very few exceptions, and very few from outside the AUR (wine, nvidia, etc.). The packages from outside the AUR, just FYI, are overwhelmingly from developers/maintainers, and ordinary users that Iā€™ve ā€˜knownā€™ for several years. (So itā€™s nice knowing who to rale at if things go south). :wink:

Three things you might try:

1. The application you installed from the Chaotic-AUR obviously left some configs behind that need to be removed. In fact, it would be best to uninstall any instances of that application, regardless of its origins, along with any configs.
  2. Then move the Chaotic-AUR to the bottom of /etc/pacman.conf, reboot, and install the application package from the AURā€™s PKGBUILD. Do that the correct way with ā€˜makepkgā€™.
  3. Reboot, run the application and report back here.

regards

6 Likes

By all means but please remember calling out a moderator or team dev, whose primary language is not English, is in general considered bad form. :hugs:

3 Likes

tbg is french canadian? :smiley:

and even google can translate asshole correctly.

9 Likes

We do not want a cuddly forum which spoonfeeds noobs

It has a serious drawbacks in long run

For ex.

It will spawn help vampires

8 Likes