New Art/Wallpaper for Gnome? (soon)

Hey, as im currently working on the new Gnome edition i think it would be nice to have a fitting Garuda themed wallpaper :slight_smile:
@SGS maybe you want to create one? This is how it looks like currently, deep orange/yellow colours fit this theme perfectly :smiley:

4 Likes

? :wink:

2 Likes

Marvellous, but what about the first background + garuda icon on it? :smiley:

1 Like

Too much, as it is already in conky but it's up to you, you are the maintainer :slight_smile:

Fixed a little.

2 Likes

Ah, since I don't use conky myself I didn't notice but you are right.
Gonna use the last one, thx :smiley:

1 Like

external-content.duckduckgo.com

5 Likes

โ– โ– โ– โ–  thatโ€™s a bit bright

1 Like

3 Likes

Even better, included instantly as default :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

If you can take a tip do not default to xwayland its not yet ready, also after running Gnome 3 since 1st release extentions are a waste of time installed from the repros, Best installed from gnome extensions.org. It does take a couple of weeks for some to catch up but then its 26weeks of no problems.
That is my opinion and how i run gnome i just use dash to dock, with arc-menu,builtin, frippery-move-clock and sound applet as multiple sound cards. and printer, so very much mac style simple

1 Like

Since im still new to actually doing stuff for other people than me i'll happily take tips :smiley:

I actually never used gnome extensions from the repos myself (installed via gnomeextensions.org) and I also didn't experience problems so far, so my way of including them is via garuda-gnome-settings which puts them into /usr/share.

Concerning xwayland, im using wayland since I started using gnome and didn't experience problems related to it - what kind of problems are caused for example?
And how do I default to another session? Might save me some time searching for the solution :stuck_out_tongue:

Gnome iso is done, but doesn't include garuda-gnome-settings since I started commiting changes today. I can upload it though, so you can tell me if there is some application missing you would like to see included :slight_smile:

This is what it looks like currently!

4 Likes

The main problem is Nvidia I use nvidia free drivers run fine for me but not for others, Dash to dock it takes a few mins for the icons to appear under wayland. Under xorg they are fine, but that is with my modest nvidia card iโ€™m not a gamer.
Iโ€™m very minimalist in what i use I find lollypop a great music app mpv player is also great, VLC seems to have gone strange lately Nautilus-admin is a great addition

5 Likes

Alright, gotta find out then how to default to xorg.
Didnt include a music player so lollypop is on the list now. mpv is included due to celluloid and nautilus-admin is already too.
I share your thought about vlc but since gnome is gtk based id prefer gtk native applications anyway :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Download PNG (garuda-wallpapers)
Inspired by @dr46Onf1r3

5 Likes

Wow that is different can you change the logo so it stands out a bit more

Wallpaper on KDE looks very fine and the logo

already stands out very much, even brighter would be too bright again. :wink:

2 Likes