Mirror list refreshing error (SOLVED)

I can't Upgrade my system which is Garuda linux GNOME lite. it gives an error that no mirror found.2

I also try things suggest by Garuda team of forum article : Help me system not upgrade or remove packages - #4 by amit

but this isn't working for me. plzzz help. Thx in advance.

Try:

sudo reflector --country Canada --latest 15 --age 2 --fastest 20 --protocol https --sort rate --save /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist

You can substitute your own country in the command, or others close to you with a mirror.

3 Likes

It still gives an error. No mirror found3

1 Like

Try other countries perhaps your mirrors are down in India.

2 Likes

Try plain simple

sudo reflector --sort age --save /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist

4 Likes

Yes that is a problem I change country to pakistan it gives me a result.

2 Likes

Glad that helped.

3 Likes

Thank you so much.

1 Like

Dont use any country
any country near india doesn't have Fast mirrors

3 Likes

for how much time servers down in india?

Dont know or care

Just use worldwide

1 Like

ok, once again thank you very much for quick replies by team.

2 Likes

@librewish would know as he’s the main man with the distro and also lives in India. I’m fortunate enough to have fast mirrors in my part of the world, so I use Canadian or US mirrors.

4 Likes

Thank you for being so polite, and welcome to Garuda BTW. :smile:

4 Likes

In India there were 4 Arch Linux mirrors in India, 1 from IIT Kanpur, 1 from IIT Madras and 2 from some private company or whatever.

Both IITs have closed their mirror due to lockdown, I guess and piconets one are also down since at least 2 months.

So no hope of getting Indian mirrors :disappointed_relieved:

I use German ones instead. They are faster than others I have seen.
Or as suggested by @librewish choose worldwide.

5 Likes

Hello to everybody!
I have the same problem right now. I install Garuda Linux on my computer, and i can´t access to the mirrors.
I click on all the countries on the list, and the error continues.
Any help please? Thanks a lot.

Please do not necro-bump old topics.
Use search button in the forum, you'll find more recent information sorting by last topic.
Try with upd from terminal (it is an alias available in most of the editions).
If upd is not available:
sudo reflector --latest 5 --age 2 --fastest 5 --protocol https --sort rate --save /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist && cat /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist && sudo pacman -Syu && fish_update_completions && sudo updatedb

2 Likes