McFly not working in latest ISO

Hi,

If you just installed Garuda Dragonized with the latest ISO (v. 20221019) and ran into a problem with McFly, i.e. it prints errors in your console after each and every command like

McFly: Upgrading McFly DB to version 3, please wait...thread 'main' panicked at 'McFly error: Unable to add cmd_tpl to commands (duplicate column name: cmd_tpl)', src/history/schema.rs:41:17
note: run with `RUST_BACKTRACE=1` environment variable to display a backtrace

worry not! You simply need to create the directory ~/.mcfly/ and it should work again. So you just need to run

mkdir ~/.mcfly

as user and McFly will output a message that it has set up it's database. Don't do this as root! You need this folder in your home directory, doing this as root will create it in /root.

Hope that helps everyone who encounters this annoyance. I might report this error later, but please feel free to do it yourself if you're faster. I'm just wanted to point it out here really quick, since searching for this error yielded nothing useful.

Well then, return 0

1 Like

:slight_smile:

Let the test start :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.