Matrix finally connects to IRC as well! 🌐

Hello! :slight_smile:

After a long time (having planned this since ages) our Matrix instance is now finally bridged into an IRC network as well! :heart_eyes:
While we don't run our own IRC network, we have our official channel hosted at @sorcerer420's IRC nERDs and provide a webclient which is preconfigured (as in no signup needed, just enter username and start chatting) and ready to use at irc.garudalinux.org. This means, its now possible to take part in our interconnected community chat without having to sign up for any service.
Apart from the #Garuda channel, there are also other channels to explore on this IRC network - everyone is welcome in this friendly community! :grin:

A big thanks to @TNE for taking the time to fix the Matrix server :partying_face:

20 Likes

Can we kick this matrix stuff users?
Bad for user statistic too. 20 Telegram user, 25000 irc user :smiley: .

Sorry, seems I am too old for this ...

3 Likes

Thats kinda how the bridge works :thinking:

3 Likes

Brilliant to see two platforms link together for a community. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

It's actually 3!
Matrix, telegram and IRC can all talk to eachother!

7 Likes

Whoaaa...

4 Likes

Forums topic are posted on telegram too....
:joy:

3 Likes

Great addition! Thanks folks!

3 Likes

man, IRCd is one of the best chat services back in the day.. how i miss AOL - ICQ back then when i use to help ran IRCd-OP Net Staff on there sub network hubs..

5 Likes

If you had to select a main, or primary, system between irc/discord/telegram/matrix, which would you join? Said another way, where are most of the active users located?

2 Likes

Most active users are here in the forum :slight_smile:
Of the above, I would recommend matrix/element.
Telegram has about 2900 users vs ~ 6300 on the forum, however irc/discord/matrix are linked to telegram, not sure if they are counted there. :smiley:

7 Likes

Luckily it doesn’t matter at all since it is an interconnected chatroom :slight_smile: so basically, there is the forum and the giant chatroom, which is not used for support matters however :yum:

7 Likes