Login Password doesn't work

Hey, i installed garuda linux 2 days ago since i am an arch linux lover, everything was going good until today when i turn on my pc and the actual password doesn't work after trying can u please help me solve this issue?

welcome to the forum. did you login to the guest account by accident? or did you change the desktop environment.

None of these i still have access to guest account but my main account doesn't work i get a password error, i haven't even changed my password

:slight_smile:

Do you have updated your system and snapshots in grub?

Then use a working snapshot.

1 Like

I'm still new to linux, can you please instruct me in order to solve the issue?

Boot your PC, in grub use arrow key and open with enter the (garuda) btrfs-snaphots use one of them.

1 Like

One last issue i had with every linux distro is that my cd-rom tray (the place where to put cd) keep opening by itself how can disable it?

It's a feature, I think not a bug.
If in BIOS the order is CD-HDD it will boot everytime from CD.

1 Like

I have lenovo touchpad laptop which use bios by default, is there anything i can do to stop this behavior?

Remove the CD :slight_smile:
Or read the manual, I have BD/CD but never self open.
Check your BIOS settings.
And google/duckduckgo about BIOS.

2 Likes

Alright thank u very much for the help, I'm in love with the distro i won't hesitate to ask if i have any issues

2 Likes

i have about the same issue when i try to loggin the screen turns black wich is normal but it schould go to my desktop then but now it just goes back to the login screen when i type a wrong password it tells me its the wrong password i have tried the grub to turn back to an older snapshot but im only using it for about 3 hours now so i only have 2 made and both of them do nothing.