Linux & Tech news πŸ“°

New features every week, why they do not fix the old issues first :wink: ?

I have a dream.

All Linux dev's build One best of Linux, a bug free version and kill so M$ :wink:

11 Likes

I can't tell how HUGE this feature can be for me if well implemented. I have a 60% keyboard which uses a crappy, almost useless Fn layer, so I basically have some keybindings set to AutoKey scripts in order to use ~ or `, both of which are used pretty constantly in portuguese.

3 Likes

Because all the fun in developing is… well, developing. Tracking down and eliminating bugs is not exactly awe insping work. When a project is a volunteer effort the work that is interesting naturally gets the most volunteers to do the coding.

Nobody’s exactly jumping up and down screaming pick me, pick me, to volunteer to bug fix 10 year old stuborn bugs. Sad, but true.

6 Likes

Well there's also a lot of focus on fixing bugs especially as of late and in a huge dev team I don't see why we can't get both at the same time as people work on different things.

4 Likes

I haven't tried the dev build yet but as far as I can tell it seems to be similar to how phone keyboards have been dealing with alternative characters for years which in my opinion is the right way since I don't really type a billion aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Sadly one of the older Linux vendors seems to have fallen under the pandemics stress.

6 Likes

Not Linux but important tech news.

8 Likes

alright susan, now you have gone way too far

3 Likes

Apparently when a Google spokesman was asked for a comment over the firing of their highly respected AI researcher warning of risks in Google's application of AI technology, the response was a cryptic:

"I'll be back"

:crazy_face:

6 Likes

:scream:

7 Likes
8 Likes

CentOS rolling is a very interesting OS, been using it for some time now.
Guess if I was running stable severs that having a rolling OS would be a little scary.

11 Likes

nothing is scary
you update when you want

9 Likes

What works on one server may break another server. :wink:

8 Likes

Damn, AMD users rejoice! It's almost like a Christmas miracle to have even a playable state day one for a DX12 game, even if it requires mesa-git to work.

6 Likes

I think this thread is a great idea. Tomorrow, I will post some news as well. Thank you to @cookiesource!

gary

7 Likes

Ah yes thanks microsoft I love being forced to upgrade even if I don't want too.
Of course there's also the KDE app news

8 Likes

This a simple post about one new feature to Bash. Ho Hum But scroll down and read the comments. A very interesting exchange among lovers of different shells

7 Likes

Is this not commical I mean the one who should be the proponent of open source tech is now longing for Apple products

3 Likes

Mr Torvalds has used a MacBook Air before; here's an article from 2012:

8 Likes