Libre office crashes while opening

1: I just installed the distro and had libre office fresh installed from the ultimate set up assistant and it crashes while opening.

2: Uninstalled it and installed the still version from the add/remove programs and it still has the same problem.

3: Tried to run it on safe mode and it crashes any ways. Terminal gives me this:

╰─λ libreoffice --safe-mode
Icon theme "adwaita" not found.
Icon theme "ubuntu-mono" not found.
Icon theme "yaru" not found.
Icon theme "Mint-X" not found.
Icon theme "elementary" not found.
LibreOffice 7.0 - Fatal Error: The application cannot be started.
Error while reinstalling all previously deployed packages of context user /build/libreoffice-still/src/libreof
fice-7.0.6.2/desktop/source/deployment/manager/dp_manager.cxx:1179

Anyone with some light on the matter?

Try deleting (renaming) the user profile folder (/home/user name/.config/libreoffice/4/user) and restarting LibreOffice.

5 Likes

Have you rebooted since installing Garuda and applications?

regards

4 Likes

I'm commenting here to follow this thread. The lines you're seeing about missing icons is something I've experienced for months now I haven't smoothed out yet. It shows up in the terminal whenever I open a graphical window from it.

Please post inxi -Fxxxa

1 Like

Please run libre office from terminal and post the output when it crashes. Not safe mode.

From terminal just

libreoffice

What, it says that icons are not found, is it trying to use say adwaita icons and they aren't installed?

Please post outcome of

pacman -Q | grep adwaita

You may just need to install those icon packages. . .

2 Likes

I also just noticed this.

Libreoffice-still should be 7.0.6.1 I’m not sure where you have gotten this instance, unless you’re using some testing repo somewhere.

https://archlinux.org/packages/extra/x86_64/libreoffice-still/

It may have been something nerfed from while you were on fresh. Please try again.

Please run this with the caveat you need to be very sure you don’t need to remove any of the other dependancies that go with it.****

pacman -Rs libreoffice-still

clear your build cache (and AUR cache)-

yay -Sc

and rebuild libreoffice with downgrade available if there’s still residual:

pacman -Syyuu libreoffice-still
3 Likes

Just for info, the PKGBUILD pkgver isn't the whole story (this is something that slightly annoys me about the LibreOffice packaging):

There's an extra version number hidden away. :pensive:

1 Like

That is rather irritating and stupid. Anyway, maybe the icons then.

1 Like

Yes I have rebooted several times through the days sir

I’ve got this installation from Garuda’s setup assistant first, then i uninstalled it and installed with the add/remove programs from garuda

Those are the outcomes:

╰─λ libreoffice
Icon theme “adwaita” not found.
Icon theme “ubuntu-mono” not found.
Icon theme “yaru” not found.
Icon theme “Mint-X” not found.
Icon theme “elementary” not found.
LibreOffice 7.0 - Fatal Error: The application cannot be started.
Error while reinstalling all previously deployed packages of context user /build/libreoffice-still/src/libreoffice-7.0.6.2/desktop/source/deployment/manager/dp_manager.cxx:1179

[:red_circle:] × pacman -Q | grep adwaita
adwaita-icon-theme 40.1.1-1
libadwaita 1.0r1596.65ac525-1

This actually worked! Thank you sir.

1 Like

You're very welcome!
Just for reference:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/UserProfile#Manual_procedure_.28all_versions.29

3 Likes

BTW, it’s not a Garuda program, use terminal for install and for remove apps.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.