Learning Resources for Garuda- For complete Beginner

I bricked a monitor setting the scan rate while installing Linux from a Walnut Creek CDROM when the Linux kernel hit stable version 1.0. That was a while back. I continued to play with Linux but had to resort to subterfuge because my wife would only allow me a limited supply of monitors. (joke)

Finally, I was fortunate to make an IT/Sysop friend who ran Linux but he refused to “discuss” it with me until I installed what he used, which was Slackware. Slackware has never been fun to install, but after a lot of fiddling I got it up and running. I was overjoyed. I still had to do the work–to find out what my OS and I could do together. That has taken a long time.

I started my Slackware journey when I was in my 40s. I’m now 70. (I run Arch btw.) And I am proud to report that I am still fiddling and learning.

@boyd there is nothing that any of us can say to teach you Garuda, Arch, or Linux in general that isn’t better accomplished with your own two hands and eyes. I say this with all candor. The work is up to you.

Bon Voyage!
:smiley:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.