Keyboard settings problem on Wayfire/wayland (SOLVED)

The problem is solved. I have modified the ~/.config/wayfire.ini file to add the xkb_model. At first it didn't seems to have changed anything. But I went in the Garuda Setting Manager => Keyboard and reselected my canadian french keyboard as default keyboard. And then it started to work. My keyboard had switched to the french canadian keyboard suddenly.

Here is a print screen of the thing :

Here are my .config/wayfire.ini keyboard lines :

xkb_layout = ca
xkb_model = pc105
xkb_options = grp:alt_shift_toggle
xkb_rules = evdev
xkb_variant = multix

I'm still puzzled as why it wouldn't work before. On Arch the only thing specified is in the wayfire.ini file; and it's the keyboard layout, the variant, the rules. The model and option, are empty.

I still need to find a good documentation with good explications on how to handle those international stuff configuration.

Thank you all for the kind help.

I would like to help by giving feedback on the help received (with all due respect).

I would suggest not to tell others to find an easier desktop when solution is not easily found. Wayfire is a rather new desktop and documentation/tools need to improve. And all users are not english natives. The language barrier is there. It's making the person asking for help feels inferior. Linux configuration is complex and nobody know everything about it. And helping someone at distance is also complex. Misunderstanding are lurking ... I'm glad we succeeded to find a solution.

Thank you very much again for helping me,

BT
5 Likes