JamesDSP, OS level EQ

Hey! So I was looking for an "os level" Equalizer.

I thought It would be a time-consuming process, but that was not the case at all.

I installed the JamesDSP with the standard pacman -Syu jamesdsp command and everything works out of the box. It instantly chose my external Schiit DAC/AMP and when I enabled the EQ it changed my bass levels as needed.

"An audio effect processor for PipeWire and PulseAudio clients."

---> GITHUB LINK GitHub - Audio4Linux/JDSP4Linux: An audio effect processor for PipeWire and PulseAudio clients

---> Info about the app here. List of features: https://alternativeto.net/software/jamesdsp-for-linux/about/

Let me know what EQs have you used and how has the experience been! Thanks for listening.

JamesDSP used to be included as a default package in the Dr460nized spin, as it is one of the most capable and featureful equalizers available. Unfortunately there was a prolonged stretch of time--at least a couple months I think--where JamesDSP was breaking audio (and sometimes video) on many systems. At some point, it was removed from the default package list because it was just causing too much grief.

Do a search in the forum for JamesDSP and you'll see what I mean. For a while there, our #1 troubleshooting tip on the forum was "uninstall JamesDSP". :face_with_peeking_eye:

I am very glad to hear it is working well for you! Perhaps whatever issue was breaking so many systems has been resolved, or at least is not an issue for your hardware (some systems it has always worked perfectly fine).

Keep an eye on this issue; they have been trying to squash this pesky bug for months but it is a persistent one: JamesDSP prevents video playback until volume/audio button is clicked · Issue #74 · Audio4Linux/JDSP4Linux · GitHub

7 Likes

Ok. I had no clue that Garuda actually used this App.

It works flawlessly for me. All I really need is the EQ.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.