I've customised pacman.conf. How to get recover?

For a reason I'd customised pacman.conf. I've deleted some line from here. And when I try to install any software it shows me error: config file /etc/pacman.conf, line 34: invalid value for 'SigLevel' : 'LocalFileSigLevel' error: config file /etc/pacman.conf, line 34: invalid value for 'SigLevel' : '='

How can I solve it? Please help me.

First, don't touch things when you don't have an idea what you are doing. Second, comment out the line that you have modified, that should fix it.

1 Like

In case of further errors, you can reset with garuda-update remote fix

3 Likes

I've changed some line before line 55. I can't remember which line I've deleted. But I can remember that I've changed some line before line 55. Would you please solve this?

This is the dafault config:
https://gitlab.com/garuda-linux/tools/garuda-tools/-/raw/master/data/pacman-default.conf
You changed, you should solve :wink:
Probably just the carriage returns after the ]. But needs to be checked.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot :kissing_heart:

It's a little late now, but for next time: before you make changes to a crucial configuration file, make a backup. It's a good habit to get into and only takes about five seconds.

sudo cp /etc/pacman.conf /etc/pacman.conf.bak

The backup can be used for reference if you need to check how the file was originally set up. If something goes wrong with your new config and you need to bail out, you can just mv the backup to overwrite your broken config.

1 Like

I've copied and modified the config file. Now it is showing me error: GPGME error: No data error: GPGME error: No data error: GPGME error: No data error: GPGME error: No data error: no operation specified (use -h for help)

Please help me

Try this:

Run update remote fix
You were already told to do that

6 Likes

It works. Thanks a lot :kissing_heart: Lots of love from Bangladesh :bangladesh:

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.