It does not start after the menu in GRUB. This I have been able to do <I have not yet resolved it completely>

I've been trying to resolve the black screen error after GRUB for about 4 hours. So far I have done: 1. Remove splash manually from grub 2. Login from tty.
And here I come, as I have read the following is to run with startx, but this gives me a
xinit error: server error and the reflector also error: failed to retrieve mirrorstatus data: URLError: <urlopen error [Errno -2] Name or service not known>
To complete I have tried updating with -Syu, but it gives me a big list of

errors error: failed retrieving file 'chaotic-aur.db' from bg-mirror.chaotic.cx: Could not resolve host: bg-mirror.chaotic.cx
error: failed retrieving file 'chaotic-aur.db' from ca-mirror.chaotic.cx: Could not resolve host: ca-mirror.chaotic.cx
error: failed to update chaotic-aur (invalid url for server)
error: failed to synchronize all databases

I do not know what else to do. Help me!

When I tried to run startx it told me an error in the path /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/20-intel.conf on line 2, so I opened the file and the error was in the word identifer, since it was Identifier. After correcting this error, I just rebooted the system and logged in again from tty, and in effect startx was already working.
So I fixed my black screen case after GRUB menu

Startx and reflector don’t work for me

reflector
Error: failed to retrieve mirrorstatus data: URLError: <urlopen error [Errno -2] Name or service not know>

startx
Xinit: giving up
Xinit: unable to connect to X server: Connection refused
Xinit: server error

We do not know what you use. Please post "inxi" (maybe from Live ISO) as described below.

Do you read Computer doesn’t boot, boots to a black screen, or stops at a message ?

Read

please
and post

inxi -Fxxxza

as text! Even if you personally think it is unnecessary.

and
:slight_smile:

2 Likes