Is there a need for a Garuda Deepin version?

EndeavourOS cinnamon

2 Likes

well no difference
here just 3~4 fps
okay thanks

2 Likes

I wasn’t surprised it ran the same when I did it on Arch. I don’t have the screens from when I was on manjaro forums because they were PM’s. They were significantly slower than that.
Lastly, the latest updates that I just did cleared up any kernel issues there were. All three linux linux-zen and linux-lts all work properly now. Maybe I will run it on all three kernels and see if there’s a difference. Would that interest you?

2 Likes

well there will only be slight difference.
but it will be interesting.

do you know how to run phoronix-test-suite

perhaps thats more interesting

1 Like

Post the link :wink: I am actually working tomorrow so I will do the research today and run it Wednesday.

1 Like

https://www.phoronix-test-suite.com/

it is in aur

2 Likes

Deepin 20 packages have landed in the testing repos. There are some issues and it’s very alpha. Just a FYI

2 Likes

Playing now. There are alot of new features.

1 Like

Ok so all of the initial issues have been cleaned up by the maintainers. There is one thing I found if we spin this into an iso and want the zen kernel I think we need to use deepin-anything-dkms as opposed to deepin-anything-arch. Other wise you will have sytemd journal errors. I tested this on the zen kernel and linux. Linux doesn't have the error.

2 Likes

And what about deepin-kwin instead of deepin-wm ? They are already planning to go for kwin anyway! Then maybe i'll try deepin :slight_smile:

1 Like

Personally other than an issue with right clicking the desktop and changing wallpaper crashing the gui deepin-wm is fine on my system. I have been beating on it for 2 days now. Everything works. Cromium, steam, netflix (with widevine), etc. If we go kwin it makes really rounded corners on the deepin apps (not that I use alot of them) and you would then have to install systemsettings for visual adjustments which in and of itself is no big deal it is just some extra packages.

1 Like

I start building ISO now with @librewish settings , if it not work, I built again :wink:

Fast-forward
 garuda/deepin/Packages-Desktop                   | 62 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++---------
2 Likes

Well, they are already moving from the Gala-elementary fork “deepin-wm”… as far as i know. And on some forums, some people suggested to try deepin-kwin specially for the latest update. It seemed more suited and stable.
Anyway, let’s start building it and make it a “real” thing and a stable iso. That’s what matters.

2 Likes

Nice to meet you bu the way :rofl:

Somebody need “A lightweight secured socks5 proxy for embedded devices and low end boxes”
=shadowsocks-deepin
?

1 Like

Well i am not using deepin, but i am with having some useful tools specially it’s DE related… it’s “lightweight” anyway

1 Like

here is the download link

https://sourceforge.net/projects/garuda-linux/files/deepin/ultimate/200518/

deepin itself is experimental so somethings may not work and it may have many glitches.
so bear with it.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Very clean. I'll just add myself to the wheel group.

2 Likes

you are logged in as guest user
logiut and login as your user

2 Likes