Is Amd Athlon 3000g compatible with Garuda Linux?

Hello,

I had recently upgraded my old pc. I have amd althon 3000g as the processor. I am planning to install garuda linux on it. Is garuda ok with this processor?

Thanks & Regards,
Ender

That should be fine. Just be sure you have 4 GB of RAM or more (unused by the processor's graphics), and 30+ GB or more of storage space.

I would recommend to try out different DEs in from the live installation media to see what plays best with your system. KDE is pretty, but might not work the best for lower end systems (although I would still try it). XFCE is a good lightweight DE to try in my opinion (there are other light DE's that Garuda offers as well!)

3 Likes

Hi there, welcome to the community.

Yep.

Yes, but athlon 3000g is fairly new and powerful cpu, launched in 2019. Imo, it would be more than enough for any DE.

2 Likes

I was commenting on the unknown amount of RAM :stuck_out_tongue:

One of my machines has a first gen Ryzen and it rocks KDE Gaming just fine. Just had to run LTS Kernel, lol.

4 Likes

Well, if he is using this processor, I am 90% sure he would be having 8 GB RAM.
(Just a guess though)
:joy:

2 Likes

can never be sure when I hear this and I always give more info just in case :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks everyone!

1 Like

Hi, but you didn't tell how much RAM you have in your pc.
I am collecting your data.

:joy:

</kidding>

3 Likes

It should work, my desktop PC is an ancient A10-6700 and I have no problems with my frankenstein Garuda Dragonized.

i have 8gb

2 Likes

Captain America Marvel GIF by Nerdist.com

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.