Introducing myself ;-)

Hi,

Recently, I became a happy user of Garuda Linux. I saw several positive experiences on Youtube about this distribution and that won me over.

Gaming on Linux? I used to hear about ¨Wine" but the experiences were very diverse.

If you can really game on Linux, there is nothing stopping me from slowly saying goodbye to Windows here at home. A month ago I already switched to Linux Mint on my laptop and last week I installed Garuda on my gaming PC. Wow, I was really surprised. This was also the first time I tried a variant based on Arch Linux.

I also saw on Youtube that a few played “Horizon Forbidden West”. I heard that a friend was very excited about this game so I also bought it and installed it on Garuda. After some sleuthing and trail and error, I now have Horizon running perfectly on Garuda. Fantastic!

I think it’s a huge achievement that Linux has come this far. I hope to gain a lot of knowledge in the coming time so that I can feel a bit more at home in (Garuda) Linux and contribute one bit to the community here on the forum.

Challenges I still have open for now:

• Figuring out exactly how FreeSync works
  • Figuring out how to get Mango to work properly because I can´t get it work properly on Horizon
  • Figuring out if I can get my Trustmaster Warthog to work.

Thanks to the team who make this distribution possible. Hopefully you will find the energy and time to develop this distribution further.

Arthur

3 Likes

Let the games begin and

garuda welcome 2 :slight_smile:

4 Likes