[Intervention potentially required] Python 3.10 and you

and search in forum about “black screen”

2 Likes

Just a heads up if you use third-party repo in kodi 19 you will most likely have to rebuild the extension. Most of the ones I used are build with a older version of python and @TNE post a tool that I will help your process.

If you're on a laptop with Optimus-manager you'll want to reinstall with Pacman -Syyu. If you reboot before hand you'll get the black screen and have to manually connect to wifi (damn near impossible) or use ether net cable (what I ended up doing).

OT.

Just a heads up, third party sketchy Kodi extensions is one of the most likely attack vectors for infecting a Linux machine with malware.

7 Likes

What virus?

Let me whoogle that for you :smiley:

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=eicar+virus&t=ffsb&ia=web

ohh, :duck: :duck: :walking_man:

7 Likes

You got that one!

hey, i reinstalled aur packages (with yay) and after built myself from git but Gkraken and other still don't work, what to do?

If you have reinstalled or used 'garuda-update' in terminal, and it still doesn't work, then you have to track down the maintainers of the package, usually a git page, and open an issue with them. Site the python 3.10 links, etc. and your output from terminal running the app or any info you can give them....then wait. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

welp, someone else already posted it... the dev is already working on it

2 Likes

When I try and run garuda-update or update it just says error: target not found: garuda-update anyone know why?

pacman -Qi garuda-update

If empty than

sudo pacman -Syu garuda-update

Thank you for the help! Somehow chaotic aur disappeared when I readded it everything seemed to work.

1 Like

I ran pacman -Syu and garuda-update. However mpv aborts with the following error:

mpv: error while loading shared libraries: libpython3.9.so.1.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

My mpv is provided by the package "mpv-full", version 0.34.0-1

Am I missing a step?

Edit:
The error occurs, when mpv is run after updates are finished. Not during the update process.

I fixed this by downloading the latest python39 package and telling pacman to install it: sudo pacman -U python-3.9.9-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst
The 3.10 version is used by default, but some applications (az, for instance) still require 3.9 dependencies, which will now be present.

1 Like

Aaaaaaah don't do this! Every other package will behave this way then. Seems like we didn't catch mpv-full while rebuilding :eyes: (or is this a compatibility package?)

2 Likes

I don't know where to find the info of it being an compatibility package. Here is the information pacman provides:

╭─malertach@Kepler in ~ took 8s
╰─λ pacman -Qi mpv
Name                     : mpv-full
Version                  : 0.34.0-1
Beschreibung             : A free, open source, and cross-platform media player (with all possible libs)
Architektur              : x86_64
URL                      : https://mpv.io/
Lizenzen                 : GPL
Gruppen                  : Nichts
Stellt bereit            : mpv
Hängt ab von             : cmocka  ffmpeg  lcms2  libcdio-paranoia  libgl  libxss  libxinerama  libxv
libxkbcommon  libva  wayland  libcaca  desktop-file-utils  hicolor-icon-theme
xdg-utils  lua52  mujs  libdvdnav  libxrandr  jack  rubberband  uchardet
libarchive  zlib  vapoursynth  openal  vulkan-icd-loader  shaderc  libplacebo
zimg  spirv-cross  libsixel
Optionale Abhängigkeiten : youtube-dl: for video-sharing websites playback
nvidia-utils: for hardware accelerated video decoding with CUDA [Installiert]
Benötigt von             : olivia
Optional für             : Nichts
In Konflikt mit          : mpv
Ersetzt                  : Nichts
Installationsgröße       : 5,25 MiB
Packer                   : UFSCar HPC Builder <[email protected]>
Erstellt am              : Di 02 Nov 2021 14:03:12 CET
Installiert am           : Di 14 Dez 2021 20:49:10 CET
Installationsgrund       : Ausdrücklich installiert
Installations-Skript     : Nein
Verifiziert durch        : Signatur
1 Like

Yup, this needs a rebuild. I was actually on it right now, it does seem like a source can't be downloaded due to the server which its downloading from being offline (https://waf.io). It will automatically be built once its working again though, so it should show up once the people fixed their website :slight_smile:

3 Likes

As @guybrush pointed out, az is also affected.
I'm not familiar with this binary, but it seems to be provided by the package "azure-cli".

Maybe pactree -rus python helps in finding affected packages.

1 Like

Is Whoogle still affected by this? I've added the below if it helps. I have already posted on their github and AUR pages.

╭─locutus@Borg in ~
╰─λ pacman -Qi whoogle
Name            : whoogle
Version         : 0.6.0-5
Description     : A self-hosted, ad-free, privacy-respecting metasearch engine
Architecture    : x86_64
URL             : https://github.com/benbusby/whoogle-search
Licenses        : MIT
Groups          : None
Provides        : None
Depends On      : python
Optional Deps   : None
Required By     : None
Optional For    : None
Conflicts With  : whoogle-git
Replaces        : None
Installed Size  : 34.78 MiB
Packager        : Chaotic-AUR Wild Bear Node <[email protected]>
Build Date      : Thu 21 Oct 2021 04:17:31 AM PDT
Install Date    : Sun 12 Dec 2021 06:12:04 PM PST
Install Reason  : Explicitly installed
Install Script  : Yes
Validated By    : Signature
─λ sudo systemctl status whoogle
● whoogle.service - Whoogle
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/whoogle.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: exit-code) since Wed 2021-12-15 05:59:20 PST; 2s ago
Process: 592975 ExecStart=/opt/whoogle-search/venv/bin/python -um app --host $BIND_ADDRESS --port $LISTEN>
Main PID: 592975 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

EDIT:

Never mind just got your reply on github.

REEDIT:

For those that don't want to wait for the Whoogle fix use the whoogle-git version in the Chaotic-AUR. It builds without any issues. You will need to restart the Whoogleservice once built.