Internet randomness and settings not saving

I have thus far managed to solve all my previous issues.

steam was fixed by forcing garuda to update it’s keyring with the nifty little starter pack gui, then updating garuda then removing orphans and other such excess files (I had 1% used on my HDD but the os for some reason thought those things were taking up over 400TiB (not actually but what every it went away) then running steam the first time from console, getting it set up from there then making it start on boot (not my fav but it fixes some other issues so I’ll live with it)

I also was having an issue with my internet connection just randomly throwing up giving me the bird and then leaving. I was fixing it by disconnecting expressvpn and reconnecting expressvpn. I disabled wifi, I hope that fixes it.

Hi there @InnocentBystander, and welcome to the Garuda forum.

The Garuda forum is generally a pretty friendly and inviting place. However, we do have a few expectations of our users if they desire assistance. The first expectation is that if you’d like technical assistance we require your system specifications to render assistance more effectively.

Your system specifications can be obtained by running the command garuda-inxi in the terminal. Copy the output of the garuda-inxi command into your Opening Post (OP). Preface the output with three tilde symbols:

~~~

Paste your terminal output here, and then add another three tilde symbols afterwards.

~~~

This ensures that any outputs posted to the forum are properly formatted and easily readable on portable devices.

The other expectation is for our users to only request assistance on one issue at a time on any help request. This means that if you are having a problem running steam and a problem with your internet you should open a separate thread to deal with each separate issue.

I see that you had your first post moved to the precondition failed dead space where incorrectly formatted requests go to die. Please ensure that further requests for assistance comply with our forums expectations.

Requests for assistance with network related problems can be posted in the Networking Support subfora.

Again, welcome to the Garuda community @InnocentBystander. :wave:

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.