Installer failed to create partion

I’m confused by your statement. Would you please elaborate?

From my experience you could install Grub to sda. Grub can start linux from any device, better yet rEFInd if EFI system. Or set your bios/EFI to start from the second drive with Grub.

1 Like

rEFInd dosnt work on Garuda rescue system, it can’t boot the timeshift snapshots from grub.

I’ve installed Arch to NTFS by putting fuse drivers and ntfs3g into the initramfs. And NTFS has unofficial POSIX support by enabling the permissions option in mount.

It had it’s quirks and I wouldn’t recommend it as a daily driver but it was a fun project.

So “technically” it is possible. I’m not sure what the OP was trying to do though and the video does not work for me.

2 Likes

Why not?

Change “cannot” to " it is not recommended", you hair splitter :smiley: :wink: :slight_smile:

Thats great, if it work, it’s new???

1 Like

Fairly new yes, works just fine. I keep on top of everything rEFInd since I need to use it on my old MacBookPro11,1.

I use it to set

enable_and_lock_vmx true

in order to enable VMX bit and lock the CPU MSR 0x3A.

1 Like

Thank you for your information. I've learned something again.

1 Like

I guess I misunderstood something. Sorry

Are you a former Essendale resident? :bat: :rofl:

What could have possibly induced you to do something loco like that? :beers:

Was it a St. Patrick’s day till April fools day binge drinking induced temporary state of non compos mentis. If so, that can be excused, but otherwise some extreme form of penance should be required for a sin of this severity. :latin_cross: :prayer_beads:

3 Likes

Well I do live a stone’s throw away from Riverview, which was closed down around 1992 and is now used in filming, like in Happy Gilmore.

So you can read into that what you want.

I may be insane, if a person is insane do they themselves know they are insane?
Isn’t there a fine line between insanity and genius?

I like to believe I did it to see if I could do it. I guess like in Jurassic Park, I didn’t stop to think if I should do it.

1 Like

hey team i read the whole thing on wiki org and nothing went into my mind i followed the video the website recommended but it wasnt for dual boot it was an erasing disk process

my system specs : hp notebook pc g62
processor i3 m 350
widows 7 upgraded to windows 10
i have no legacy or secure boot option
its bios

pls let me know how to dual boot in a simple clear manner tht would be a great help pls

Where did you ever land on this? I had the same problem, on a machine that already had a working, albeit discontinued distro on it. I essentially fixed it by booting into a live session, deleted the entire existing partition, restarting and starting installer again. Worked fine after that.
As far as dual booting Windows? No problem there. It's ESPECIALLY easy if you're installing it to separate disks. I have both of my desktops booting Xero and Garuda as dual boots with no issues at all. No need to disconnect anything, that's just silly.

1 Like

This issue is solved, or the user has abandoned.
For similar issues, start a new topic.