Installation Problem on Dell Inspiron15 7000

With the SUSE Studio ImageWriter (SUSE Studio ImageWriter - Software & Anwendungen - openSUSE Forum - openSUSE Linux - Community Hilfe Support Download - openSUSE Leap - Software Tipps und Tricks für openSUSE Installation) the image is dragged into the writer with the mouse. I installed my Garuda DE's with it.

1 Like

We still have to practice formatting, Mr. Sunda, don't we?

2 Likes

Dell Inspiron15 7000 series all setup. @AbhishekMitra it's probably something on your end. I used balenaetcher to create the usb, and install was very simple.

1 Like

Etcher works on Windows too, so you should be fine if you're creating from Windows.

I didn't even clear my USB first (it had Fedora on it) and Etcher had no problem wiping and applying Garuda.

The only thing I did need to do was make sure I got into the boot screen (F12) at initial startup. Clicked the USB - I didn't bother doing the checksum.

Installation was absurdly simple. Connected to wifi, chose no swap, timezone. .. . And That was it. I'm typing this from a freshly installed Garuda Dragonized.

1 Like

That probably leaves nVidia as the issue. See this arch wiki hardware reference link (scroll down to model 7559 or 7566) which shows arch ran on that hardware configuration at least in 2016.

You could try disabling the nVidia card in the BIOS to see if the liveUSB will boot to the desktop. If it does, then you will need to research how best to install nVidia support, if that is important to you.

nVidia drops linux driver support for older GPUs periodically. I don't know if yours is still supported.

3 Likes

I used balena etcher and multiple other tools but same result. Maybe something else is not right!!

Maybe the thumb drive is broken.

Obviously something else is not right. Did you try what was suggested by @jbMacAZ ?

I hate to break it to you, but just saying maybe something else is not right. . . isn’t getting us closer to getting it installed.

I just went through and installed it on a Dell 15 7000. . . Maybe it’s the nvidia is the issue. . . unless you turned it off as suggested.

Maybe you have a bad usb.

Maybe this is the Linux Kernel telling you Ubuntu is a better distro for your computer.

I don’t know exactly what your issue is, but there’s very few other options that can be wrong at such a basic point in the installation process other than the old “pebkac error.”

3 Likes

I think this could be a problem, somehow Nvidia does not like Linux. Unfortunately I don't see any options to disable the Nvidia card from BIOS in my laptop.

Try other garuda images, maybe it's a KDE problem, after all