Tried the solution given in "Error: target not found: chaotic-keyring"
didn't work (down to retry)

this is what it looks like :

:: Synchronizing package databases...
 garuda is up to date
 core is up to date
 extra is up to date
 multilib is up to date
 chaotic-aur                           994.5 KiB   597 KiB/s 00:02 [------------------------------------] 100%

--> Refreshing mirrorlists using rate-mirrors, please be patient..🍵

Error: failed to connect to https://www.archlinux.org/mirrors/status/json/, consider increasing fetch-mirrors-timeout

Failed to update mirrorlist

--> Applying keyring updates before starting full system update..
error: target not found: chaotic-keyring
warning: garuda-hotfixes-1.1.2-1 is up to date -- skipping
Press enter to exit

im a complete beginner on all things linux, please help

1 Like

same error here i tried also on a fresh install of garuda Dragonized a few minutes ago.
I tried also:

update remote keyring

without success, ill post the last lines of the command output:

==> Updating trust database...
gpg: marginals needed: 3  completes needed: 1  trust model: pgp
gpg: depth: 0  valid:   1  signed:  10  trust: 0-, 0q, 0n, 0m, 0f, 1u
gpg: depth: 1  valid:  10  signed:  93  trust: 1-, 0q, 0n, 9m, 0f, 0u
gpg: depth: 2  valid:  70  signed:  27  trust: 70-, 0q, 0n, 0m, 0f, 0u
gpg: next trustdb check due at 2023-08-02
rm: cannot remove '/var/cache/pacman/pkg/*': No such file or directory
:: Synchronizing package databases...
garuda                                 95,4 KiB  69,5 KiB/s 00:01 [------------------------------------] 100%
core                                  132,0 KiB   393 KiB/s 00:00 [------------------------------------] 100%
extra                                   8,3 MiB  1425 KiB/s 00:06 [------------------------------------] 100%
multilib                              143,1 KiB   387 KiB/s 00:00 [------------------------------------] 100%
chaotic-aur                           994,6 KiB   451 KiB/s 00:02 [------------------------------------] 100%
error: target not found: chaotic-keyring
1 Like

Have you tried rebooting? I'll probably do it now (will reinstall if it breaks ;-:wink:

The database is rebuilding, and after that some routines will run that should catch anything missing over the next couple of hours.

3 Likes

What would be your advice for the next step?

Patience! :see_no_evil:
Database rebuild is complete, I'm triggering some routines earlier than they would normally run. Most packages should be completely back by now, and the rest in the following 2 hours from this reply. If 2 hours have elapsed and there are still issues, please comment again. Otherwise, this is now solved!

7 Likes

Oooh, Already loving Garuda and have barely used it, Thank you so much Technetium!
Will update you soon!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.