Innapropriate messages whenever password fails in konsole

So everytime i accidentally type my password wrong, it gives a quite innapropriate message saying We'll all be murdered in our beds! and some ones i can't even understand like You must cut down the mightiest tree in the forest... with... a herring! Please could somebody help me remove this?

2 Likes

Why would you want to remove them its funny when you get your password wrong :smile:

9 Likes

Hi there, welcome to the community.

Remove defaults insults from /etc/sudoers

(Type sudo visudo to open /etc/sudoers)

4 Likes

First time I saw this.

[sudo] password for sgs:
I feel much better now.
[sudo] password for sgs:
I think ... err ... I think ... I think I'll go home
[sudo] password for sgs:
sudo: 3 incorrect password attempts

funny.

9 Likes

Honestly, I like them. Reminds me of the old DOS days were there was a modified version of DOS going around that would scold you in a funny way if you messed up a command. Found out years ago that my late uncle was responsible for that modified version of DOS, so when I ever mess up entering my sudo password on linux, those messages remind me of him.

9 Likes

Me too. And many of us like it too. These funny little insults can make you laugh. That’s why they are included.

But it is totally understandable when some people don’t like them, and they can easily disable them by removing just one piece of line.

It’s just another beautiful Linux feature…

8 Likes

I like it so much that I occasionally enter the wrong password on purpose :blush:. I even wanted to try customizing the messages. Then I saw that it could only be done by recompiling the sudo package, so I had to give up for the risk of that :pensive:. I could have given the best of my silliness...

8 Likes

Yes they are funny . but I must admit that the first time reaction was to cut off internet. Then i controlled my Pam.d directory and found that I was not hacked

6 Likes

YMMD :slight_smile: :wink:

4 Likes

Trust me, I use that excuse as well. :rofl:

10 Likes

I can imagine your shock especially if you are a newcomer to Linux. You didn't expect it to be a late night comedian.

6 Likes

I love them. I consider them as fundamental trait of Garuda Linux that sets it apart from other distro. Having a healthy sense of humor is important IMHO.

10 Likes

others : type correct password to get their work done
me : shamelessly type a wrong password again to get more funny scolding messages :joy: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.