Impossible connection to the Piped instance with the libre android's app LibreTube

LibreTube is a libre and open-source android application wich provide an access to the Youtube viedo by the Piped API. It’s possible to connect from all Piped referenced server or add a personalized server.

The trouble became when I try to add a connection to the Piped service provide by Garuda.

The connection interface is composed by :

When I configure the app like that, I can’t read any video. It seems that I can connect with my garuda’s element login (like in the piped.garudalinux.org website), but I’m not sure that it’s works realy.

Can someone helping me to connecte my garuda’s Piped account to this app ?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

I’ve managed to get something that’s not too bad, but that must not be normal operation. By adding “kavin.rocks” as instance and “garudalinux.org” as authentication instance, I can play the videos and access my subscriptions and playlists. So I guess I’m not accessing the video from piped.garudalinux.org but from kavin.rocks[*]. But if anyone can still explain to me how to get normal operation by connecting properly to the Garuda instance interface and the Garuda instance api, I’m game!

Hello Garuda users.

Please read the following template before requesting assistance:

Please post the terminal/konsole input and output as text (no pictures) from the following command:

garuda-inxi

Refusing to post the output of the required “garuda-inxi” on a help request will likely result in you not receiving any help from the Garuda team. A failure to provide your system specs may also result in your thread being closed without notice, (as without this information providing assistance is often next to impossible).

Before opening a new help request, please search the Arch and Garuda Wiki’s, and read any relevant sections related to your issue. Also, thoroughly search any error messages in the forum’s search engine and on the web. For in depth information on how to search for answers to Linux issues effectively read the tips on the Garuda Wiki:

Please report in detail everything you have already attempted to solve your problem.

1 Like

After you add a custom instance you have to go back and select it as the instance you want to use. It is the top choice in the menu.

It’s possible that it’s currently ratelimited again :woozy_face: this actually becomes a major maintenance burden since it requires changing ipv6 (and therefore also the server) quite a lot…

Yes, now that you mention it this instance doesn’t seem to be playing any content at the moment. :thinking:

I have been self-hosting Invidious on my home server for a while now, keeping it selfishly all to myself (:face_with_hand_over_mouth:) because the rate limiting has become insane on the public instances. None of them are reliable anymore, I think because they are just constantly under attack.

It’s kind of like Whoogle now; I love Whoogle, but you kind of need to host it yourself to have a good experience.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.