I try to upgrade my new Garuda OS

All issues related to Garuda Linux and its assistance

When I try to upgrade my new Garuda OS I get this error:

: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] Y
(496/496) checking keys in keyring [------------------------------------] 100%
(496/496) checking package integrity [------------------------------------] 100%
error: garuda-setup-assistant: signature from "Nico Jensch [email protected]" is unknown trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/garuda-setup-assistant-1.0.3-1-any.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupte
d package (PGP signature)).
Do you want to delete it? [Y/n]

Then finish the process and not upgrade anything. I reinstall Garuda because I got a black mirror, maybe the problem was sddm.
Thanks in advance,

@dr460nf1r3 perhaps this needs your attention. :wink:

Welcome to Garuda @danmery

3 Likes

Thanks for answering. Really I do not understand. What do you mean ?. I am new Dragonfire user.

Oh, this is me :smiley:

Update pacman keyrings prior to updating (Garuda Asssistant → refresh keyrings)
Dont update sddm as well,

sudo pacman -Syu --ignore sddm
4 Likes

Thanks for your help but Garuda is a mess, I have two computers with Garuda, both now are not working, not boot, not update, not upgrade, I can not reinstall cause is the same problem, pacman does not work.... Sorry but this situation frustate me.

Please don't give-up and, what's more, don't "panic"!
These are not really serious problems...
There is no reason to reinstall or try strange thing: you can block that sddm update, you can install sddm-git, it's just a matter to be able to reach a terminal...
With "panic" you can loose the control of your system.

3 Likes

Let’s search for the error message:

https://forum.garudalinux.org/search?q=signature%20from%20is%20unknown%20trust&expanded=true

Both threads have solutions.

4 Likes

I disagree, if you are this dissatisfied and frustrated you are not ready to run a rolling distro yet. You should really use a static distro that does not require you to know how to manage your system as Arch based systems requires.

BTW, if you had been doing proper full backups of your system this would not have been a major problem. Timeshift is not a full backup solution by any means as it is known to be unable to restore from some system breakages on occaision. If you were imaging your system, or doing full incremental backups of your system and data then you wouldn’t be in this situation. It is not Garuda’s job to backup your system properly, that is solely the users responsibility.

I have been working on a service for some time that will hopefully be able to intervene during an update to prevent known system breaking updates until after a fix has been released, (or at the minimum provide a warning). Unfortunately, that type system intervention requires much testing before implementation and it is not at that stage just yet.

Hopefully in the not too distant future this kind of system breaking update can be prevented (once known). However, we are not quite at that point just yet.

3 Likes