I installed BlackArch, but none of the two installed programs from the BlackArch menu

*note - this does not work in Fedora - it’s just the computer I’m currently on.

Screenshot from 2021-05-30 16-12-12

I'll probably try to install manjaro, you have a lot of things that don't work here, the support is evil. Maybe other people have read and helped, since you don't want to strain yourself. Good luck in the development of the project.

Thank you, good man

╰─λ burpsuite
Error: A JNI error has occurred, please check your installation and try again
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: burp/StartBurp has been compiled by a more
recent version of the Java Runtime (class file version 53.0), this version of the Java Runtime only recognizes
class file versions up to 52.0
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:756)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:142)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:468)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:74)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:369)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:363)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:362)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:418)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:352)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:351)
at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper.checkAndLoadMain(LauncherHelper.java:601)

Firstly you must realize many of those who provide support on the forum also are not native English speakers and that can create problems at times. That may have been part of the issue here as obviously language issues can complicate support drastically.

In your case I think it is language issues compounded by being totally inexperienced with Linux. The BlackArch pentesting edition is for advanced users looking to practice White Hat pentesting. It is not for those inexperienced with the usage of Linux. Generally we don't provide much support for the BlackArch edition for this reason.

If you wish to use the BlackArch edition you are expected to be an experienced Linux user proficient with using the terminal.

If you don't even know how to start a program via the terminal your Linux skills are equivalent to a preschooler. We don't teach rudimentary skills on the Garuda forum. You are expected to have a basic Linux skill set, especially for advanced Garuda editions such as BlackArch or the Barebones Garuda editions.

You are expecting a little too much hand holding to be a candidate for any of our advanced editions. Please feel free to give the Garuda advanced editions another shot when you have a little more Linux experience under your belt.

Good luck with Manjaro.

Bye now. :wave:

5 Likes

You need to install a newer version of a Java runtime.

This sort of thing should be relatively straightforward to work out from a web search, and especially so if you want to use pentesting tools.

6 Likes