I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving!

Me and my wife watched macy's Thanksgiving day parade live steam on television and had a good time with family around. what did you do?

8 Likes

We did, too. It's our big annual event. Then we finished the wine, ate to bursting, and passed out in a glorious stupor.

OMFG, I'm still full.

Happy holidays to you and yours.

6 Likes

I did some damage to my stomach, drank lots of wine and had a good time with family and friends. I am sure in all of this I made a fool of myself, but luckily, I can't remember those bits.

And to all a Happy Whatever-the-kids-are-calling-it-these-days-giving day!!! :kissing_heart:

6 Likes

Had Thanksgiving dinner at home with the wife, kiddo and her dad. Small group this year but it was still enjoyable.

5 Likes

Ours was last month but Happy Thanksgiving to my southern friends!

3 Likes

Har! You're lack of memory reminds me of my poor wife yesterday. We're old and it's just us two now but, per usual, she fixed a dinner like we still had 20 guests.

Anyway she finished cooking and preparing the meal and all the side dishes, settled down for a glass of wine before eating--which became 3 glasses--and that, plus exhaustion from all of her hard work and it was all I could do to wake her into zombie-mode long enough to fix and eat a plate of the delicious dinner she had prepared.

She went to sleep/passed out before the pumpkin pie and since she has no memory of eating her meal, I didn't have to explain the missing piece of pie that should have been hers.

I am that guy.

6 Likes

Just close chosen family. We're all estranged from our families and we're exhausted after the year we've had so we did our own low key thing.

If I can be brutally honest, our cooking is better than any of our prior families' cooking. :rofl:

5 Likes

:rofl: You mean the missing pieces that she ate and forgot about eating, those pieces? :wink:

2 Likes

Exactly. Except too-honest-for-his-own-good me set the record straight.

And by then she probably knew better. sob!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.