I have install Garuda linux this morning but i can't reduce or increse the brightness (i3)

I have install Garuda linux this morning but i can't reduce or increse the brightness (i3)

6 Likes

I fix it last night. Check updates, and maybe install light and change ~/.config/i3/config

# Screen brightness controls
bindsym XF86MonBrightnessUp exec --no-startup-id light -A 5%; exec notify-send 'brightness up 5%'
bindsym XF86MonBrightnessDown exec --no-startup-id light -U 5%; exec notify-send 'brightness down 5%'

Maybe reboot :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Thanks. It work fine...

I have modify the config files and rebooted the config file but still i can't use my shortcut key for the brightness, But in audio it's work's fine, For the brightness the messages is showing up but the brightness still remains the same

The text is?
Output from

pacman -Qi light

is?

What ever we give in the config file "Brightness up 5%" just the output shows but the brightness remains the same

Pllease output the results of garuda-inxi, just like the template says!

2 Likes

Sun glasses :sunglasses:

Please,

you need only change the old entry to this

# Screen brightness controls
bindsym XF86MonBrightnessUp exec --no-startup-id light -A 5%; exec notify-send 'brightness up 5%'
bindsym XF86MonBrightnessDown exec --no-startup-id light -U 5%; exec notify-send 'brightness down 5%'

and I ask about

if empty

sudo pacman -Syu light

and reboot and

is always advisable.

4 Likes