I don't open Microsoft-Edge

Hello and thanks to everyone.

I have made the decision to use Firedragon that is an excellent browser.

Thanks to all TBG you are right.

4 Likes

Wise decision

3 Likes

Problem solver in AUR version dev.

Microsoft-Edge-Dev

Another Microsoft brand bug.

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

I have found that MS Edge will work after I delete the AppMenu widget from the top panel. This causes problems with other apps not showing a menu at all, but edge works which I need to use for work. If anyone has a solution for either getting edge to work with the AppMenu widget, or a way to get other apps like konsole to show it's app menu without using the widget, I would greatly appreciate it.

I'm not new to Linux, but fairly new to KDE and very new to Garuda.

Thanks,
-Bill

I see that there are being several updates there these days.
You'd better refer to which version you are using.
After the one of 22-Sep (I think 95.0.1020) which solved some problems there is now a 96.0.1028 from 28-Sep which should solve other problems I think.

5 Likes

I did have some updates pending. I'm installing those and I'll let you if it works or not and what versions I have.

Thanks,
-Bill

1 Like

Yep, latest version works. Thanks, and I'm sorry I didn't update before posting.

Thanks,
-Bill

1 Like

Bill, Sorry to reply late but I will give you a general rule of thumb, follow this you will never face an issue with Microsoft Edge.

• See microsoft-edge-dev-bin and microsoft-edge-beta-bin are usually broken when they are updated on AUR.
  • So for better workflow, always use the penultimate version. I will tell you how to manage that.
  • Firstly you have to remove it from getting auto-updated, then whenever a new update is released and if we do a system update, check first when the update was released. If it has been there for sometime and no errors are reported, manually update microsoft-edge-dev-bin or microsoft-edge-beta-bin sudo pacman -S microsoft-edge-dev-bin or sudo pacman -S microsoft-edge-beta-bin (You can use paru too :wink:)
  • This how my microsoft edge never breaks. You just need to edit your pacman.conf for this whole process that's it.

1 Like

That would never be recommended, because not updating will obviously lack patches, which will be insecure as well as buggy.

But wait, it would still be insecure and buggy. :wink:

6 Likes
  • Well it is completely user dependent, for me it never broke because of this, and I am still running the most latest version.
  • Also its dev channel and generally receives an update after every 7 - 8 days approx, and I generally run the update command once a week so I get a notification in the terminal that there is a newer update for that.
  • Hence no problem, it boils down on how one uses them.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.