How to delete files from the wastebin?

Well, I don’t know where that wastebin is or how I’m supposed to remove the files/folders that I delete. I just click on the “move to wastebin” button and that’s it. I’d like to know to actually delete them since everyone likes more space on their system, its not like I have much anyway. Since I’m coming from windows, going to the Recycle bin and clicking on Remove files is easy, but being a new linux user I certainly have no idea what to do now. Thank you!

Hi @Kyushu ! , did you mean trash ? type in your keyboard ctrl + E and then click here :

231214_21h08m06s_screenshot

Hello Garuda users.

Please read the following template before requesting assistance:

Please post the terminal/konsole input and output as text (no pictures) from the following command:

garuda-inxi

Refusing to post the output of the required “garuda-inxi” on a help request will likely result in you not receiving any help from the Garuda team. A failure to provide your system specs may also result in your thread being closed without notice, (as without this information providing assistance is often next to impossible).

Before opening a new help request, please search the Arch and Garuda Wiki’s, and read any relevant sections related to your issue. Also, thoroughly search any error messages in the forum’s search engine and on the web. For in depth information on how to search for answers to Linux issues effectively read the tips on the Garuda Wiki:

2 Likes

Explore your user interface. Don’t automatically panic and make a post others will ridicule you for doing (plus SGS will ultimately bin it, anyway).

There’s at least 5 ways.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.