How can I change the video-linux driver to xf86-video-amdgpu?

Hello, i am a new garuda user (KDE Dr460nized). I have an amd ryzen 5400g APU and I want to change the video-linux driver to xf86-video-amdgpu because I have low performance. my screen does not show me the fps at which my pc runs games. I tried the garuda setting manager but it only shows me the video-linux video-modesetting and video-vesa drivers. How can I install xf86-video-amdgpu since I have read that it is the best for my integrated gpu

IDK, did you search?

Chapter 4.

2 Likes

You will need to disable the inbuilt radeon drivers and start the amdgpu ones through the kernel boot parameters

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/AMDGPU

Scroll down to the SI AND CK enabling part. AFAIK you apu is a GCN2 based apu so it will be the CIK line

1 Like

“video-linux” literally includes “xf86-video-amdgpu”…
Check what kernel driver is being used via inxi -G. If it doesn’t use amdgpu, you’ll have to take a look at @regularCoder’s suggestion.

What does that link have to do with anything >.>

1 Like

thank you very much for your help. you are already using the amdgpu driver. although this did not solve my problem at all. because I don't see the smooth image but the frame rate is apparently fine. I will try disabling the vsinc options of my monitor and my pc