Hidden Features in KDE You May Not Of Known

Hi there! I was really interested when I read this and downloaded a zip file from GitHub. But I don't understand how to implement the different files you made. Can you point me to some kind of instructions please?
Merry Christmas btw. :person_raising_hand::christmas_tree:

1 Like

Hi! I think I have solved at least the folder/file issue another way. First I created folders for each of my activities. In those I placed all the content I want on the respective activity desktop. Then in each activity desktop I specified which folder it should use for its desktop (place in the desktop setup menu). And there is my content.
So my primary issue is solved rather easily.
The second issue would be to have multiple instances of programs, for example Dolphin, running in different activities. For me, that has less priority.

Replied you on the other forum... (sorry a little offline these couple of days).

btw just pushed an update to remove the hardcoding of home i had in a few places.

you can ignore most things that are on the github repo, its mainly so that I have common framework for shared settings on all activities, some app's customizations and a kwin script.

the most important is activities.workspace and activities.id, and to have those scripts as top most place on PATH so that they are called instead of the proper app. (to do that, I use the activities_work/env at main ยท alexjp/activities_work ยท GitHub ) and then, I do for example ln -s activities.workspace konsole, if I want to isolate konsole.

all those files are to be installed at $HOME/.config/plasma-workspace (yeah, just noticed that I didn't mentioned that on the README, fixing that)

arch wiki has good info (and examples) on doing these things: Bubblewrap - ArchWiki

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.